Next season's live coverage

alexxxxx

So I've been snooping around on football league's website and from the start of next season games which are not 1500 KO times and which are not on bank holidays, or selected for full Sky Sports will be available for streaming - it is kind of confusing as it appears Sky will also be able to show these games on the Red Button or online too. 

@OwenB87 - do you know when prices or more information will come out about this yet? If the games are on red button will we be able to watch on ramstv too?

What kind of improvements/changes will be made for next season, and will there be broadcasts of the preseason games and U23 again this year?

It was really good being able to watch the games whilst I was living abroad last season. Some issues with some of the streams but hoping that they can sort out something a bit more robust this year.

I know there's a feedback thread but might be nice to have a bit of a wishlist...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a start, I hope the bloody thing works and I don't spend half my life refreshing my browser. I hope they get their bandwidth problems sortted out and don't allow the site to be swamped by Middlesbrough supporters again.

I also hope that, unlike last season, the club will give us overseas supporters reliable information on which games we are allowed to see before we part with our money.

I also look forward to hearing Shane Nicholson's comments on the game and watching the pre-match show with Owen Bradley, Michael Johnson and whoever else is around.

The media side of it is done very professionally. I just hope the technical problems don't let them down again.

9 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

For a start, I hope the bloody thing works and I don't spend half my life refreshing my browser. I hope they get their bandwidth problems sortted out and don't allow the site to be swamped by Middlesbrough supporters again.

I also hope that, unlike last season, the club will give us overseas supporters reliable information on which games we are allowed to see before we part with our money.

I also look forward to hearing Shane Nicholson's comments on the game and watching the pre-match show with Owen Bradley, Michael Johnson and whoever else is around.

The media side of it is done very professionally. I just hope the technical problems don't let them down again.

Agree with all of this, except the internet problems. I had few problems when at home and even with 4g it worked pretty well.

Hi folks,

I'm expecting details about pre-season matches to be announced within the next 24 hours, but we will be covering everything.

As for the rest of the season, we'll have details about all that soon too.

For now, Swansea have a pretty good explanation of the rules & regs here: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swanstv-goes-live-match-streaming

We'll be streaming the 23s fixtures again, like we did last season. The Preview & Review Shows will be back, too.

We've got a couple of other things in the works too, but we're so far ahead of the curve on all this!

Hopefully the streaming issues will all be resolved.

Feedback & ideas always welcome.

Thanks,

Owen

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

Hi folks,

I'm expecting details about pre-season matches to be announced within the next 24 hours, but we will be covering everything.

As for the rest of the season, we'll have details about all that soon too.

For now, Swansea have a pretty good explanation of the rules & regs here: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swanstv-goes-live-match-streaming

We'll be streaming the 23s fixtures again, like we did last season. The Preview & Review Shows will be back, too.

We've got a couple of other things in the works too, but we're so far ahead of the curve on all this!

Hopefully the streaming issues will all be resolved.

Feedback & ideas always welcome.

Thanks,

Owen

Thanks Owen,

Looks like it could be a bit complicated for fans abroad as it isn't entirely clear how many games will be available, but I guess it will be around the same level as Swansea's. Hope that the streaming platform provider will be a bit more reliable this year and that you can turn the volume up a bit more. 

12 hours ago, MikeS said:

And please, can we have a match commentator who doesn't talk incessantly over the action, which we can all see! It's not radio.

So, apparently - if you subscribe to RamsTV audio it's the same commentator. Hence why it sounds like radio. I, too, was appalled by how irritating it is until I realised that. Now I just mute it. 

Just now, Carnero said:

Unless something has changed, then RamsTV audio was just the Radio Derby feed (but slightly behind).

They charge people to listen to Radio Derby?

Can't international folk get BBC Radio Derby for free?

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm on about the UK package "live audio" which is basically Radio Derby commentary (of no use to me but hey ho, it may be for some) plus full matchday live replays.

56 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Cant get the games on the radio in London for free! It's been this way probably for about 10 years.

33 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Cant get the games on the radio in London for free! It's been this way probably for about 10 years.

Fair enough. NGL I hate the radio. 

You can listen on the radio in the area free of course,  but online routes to the live commentary on iPlayer etc isn’t available because of broadcast rights, unless you subscribe to ramstv. Then you can get Radio Derby commentary via that.

Archived