Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

51 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It isn't 8 million, it won't be 8 million , it hasn't ever been 8 million.

He is rated by Ipswich as 8 million, but we won't pay that.

We will pay 4 million up front with add ons dependant on promotion, which isn't a bad deal.

Honestly, wasting your time. The same people wouldn’t budge from the idea of £6 million for Marriott right up until we signed him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s not overpriced at 4m 

16 league goals and however many assists, the fact that rangers were daft enough to let him go for 250k is immaterial and just an unholey mes up on their part  

in the current market we paid 1.5m for Cameron Jerome 

7m for Lawrence 

6m Johnson 

4m for butterfield

4m for Anya 

8m for Vydra 

2. Whatever it was for flojo

forest just paid 6m for 30 yo grabben

id say at 4m Waghorn represents bang on the norm price wise for what he is

2m would be cheap and a v good deal for us being as they don’t want to sell him and there’s other suitors (boro) in for him.

Supply and demand 

I take your point but some of them are overpriced ,Anya,BJ and Butterfield we had our pants down and got dry bummed with those three.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was more than that unfortunately 

Of course it is. An undisclosed transfer fee, which one messageboard #ITK suggests is £4m, is refuted by another messageboard #ITK who says it was more.

Whore for attention much?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

why can’t people get it through their head that’s it not a straight 8m

It a deal worth 8m... promotion, goals appearances etc etc 

so if he/we do v well we pay 8m ... so if that’s the case where’s the problem especially if some of that 8m deal is us going up 

We've got it through our heads - it's just shorthand! £8m even if we go up sounds rather a lot for Waghorn.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

16 league goals and however many assists, the fact that rangers were daft enough to let him go for 250k is immaterial and just an unholey mes up on their part  

7m for Lawrence 

6m Johnson 

4m for butterfield

4m for Anya 

8m for Vydra 

2m would be cheap and a v good deal for us being as they don’t want to sell him and there’s other suitors (boro) in for him.

Supply and demand 

How much for Blackman? Cos that's what we're potentially looking at again.

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

7m for Lawrence 

6m Johnson 

4m for butterfield

4m for Anya 

8m for Vydra 

Supply and demand 

Fair points apart from using Derbys previous signings as examples of market rates. Derbys recent signings have been criminally above market rates. It’s not my money, so I’m not bothered what we pay. But we’ve got to shift some out first. Not only financially, but having loads of players sat around, twiddling their thumbs can damage squad morale 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've got it through our heads - it's just shorthand! £8m even if we go up sounds rather a lot for Waghorn.

By the sounds of it its 4m plus addons which include promotion and then staying up. If Waghorn got 20 goals and we got promoted you dont think thats worth the extra couple of mil in addons?

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

By the sounds of it its 4m plus addons which include promotion and then staying up. If Waghorn got 20 goals and we got promoted you dont think thats worth the extra couple of mil in addons?

That's what they said about Blackman.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

That's what they said about Blackman.

If thats the case then we havent paid any of the extras for Blackman so whats the issue? 4m on its own for Waghorn isnt over priced, forget the addons for promotion as they may never happen, or if they do then they will be worth paying wont they if we have got promoted?

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s doesn’t appear so for some though reading some of the posts on here.

If we go up and Waghorn plays a significant part of it then 8m would be absolute chicken feed compared to what we would land

55 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I take your point but some of them are overpriced ,Anya,BJ and Butterfield we had our pants down and got dry bummed with those three.

Oh without a doubt, we’ve been well and truly shafted down the line ... most noteably by our own chief exec if the case against him is anything to go by 

Do you think Huddersfield fans are annoyed that they had to pay us 2m for Ince after they stayed up? He was someone who hadnt cut it at Prem level, scored 2 goals but 1 pretty much kept them up and now they have sold him for similar to what they paid for him. Bet their fans couldnt care less, they are in the Prem thats the main objective

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much for Blackman? Cos that's what we're potentially looking at again.

Let’s not muck about Blackman was a clement / rush total uck up.

I reckon he was about 1.5 rising to 3 depending on what u read.

i think Waghorn has shown more in his career than Blackman and his one 3-4 month purple patch at reading.

this is very layman’s terms I know but I usually base my initial judgment on the departing clubs fans reaction

Reading fans were shocked and delighted that we’d offered to take Blackman, I remember reading one fan saying he would have taken 500k for him start of the season pre his purple patch so I went away thinking “ oh maybe clement has seen something in him they haven’t” clearly not lol

in Waghorn case Ipswich fans are pretty unanimously upset they’ll be losing last seasons talismans 

ill take that as a starting point and then IF we sign him judge from there 

as a side note, whenever iv seen him play against us he’s always been nothing other than a right pain in the ass and I’d be v pleased if we got him 

So......just asking.....if we sign waghorn as well as marriott, josefzoon, wilson, and mount.....to add to what we've already got,then whats the first 11?

people keep saying the new system will suit lawrence, and waghorn and uncle tom cobley and all, but not if they can't all fit in the team.

47 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Fair points apart from using Derbys previous signings as examples of market rates. Derbys recent signings have been criminally above market rates. It’s not my money, so I’m not bothered what we pay. But we’ve got to shift some out first. Not only financially, but having loads of players sat around, twiddling their thumbs can damage squad morale 

Oh god yes, completely mate 

I only used Derbys and forest recent one cos I’m not totally clued up on figures of all other champ clubs but sounds around the right ball park for the going rate 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So......just asking.....if we sign waghorn as well as marriott, josefzoon, wilson, and mount.....to add to what we've already got,then whats the first 11?

people keep saying the new system will suit lawrence, and waghorn and uncle tom cobley and all, but not if they can't all fit in the team.

Enjoy it ,Frank gets paid fabulous wages to sort it .A few years ago under Cloughie if someone got injured we were well and truly screwed.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

people keep saying the new system with suit lawrence, and waghorn and uncle tom cobley and all, but not if they can't all fit in the team.

Ah, let’s throw in the 11 man team argument.  Let’s play the same team for 90 minutes each game, over the entire season.  Hamstring tweaks, metatarsal injuries, ACLs? Just run them off.  

Brian clough used to say that management is about making tough decisions. 

We avoid the tough decisions by just buying whoever we fancy.

Archived