World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

Have to give it to Maradona, he is pure entertainment!

DgpFkXzX4AILRfx.jpg:large

I’m not ashamed to say that I can’t stand this pathetic oxygen thieve. Might have been one of the worlds greatest footballers but he’s a vile human being.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maradona's 'gesture' could have been directed at Sampaoli, whom he has criticised repeatedly and who was celebrating Rojo's winner by running down the touchline Mourinho style at the time.  Either way, it doesn't matter much. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Germany the last chance. But I wouldn’t put any money on it.

Brazil, Germany and Colombia can all still fail to progress.

To a lesser extent Switzerland and Mexico can fail too (a lesser extent because while these would be surprises based on their rankings, probably not a huge deal for many fans).

Also Japan could possibly win their group, which would be pretty amazing. Even progression for them would be a shock.

I don't think the final message of this tweet is relevant, unless there are lots of people who legitimately think Paul Pogba is an idiot, but it's quite impressive nonetheless. Its like he paused for a moment to quickly download Spanish before replying.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You have to think a lot of it is that footballers essentially have unlimited money, are young, have a lot of free time and don't get a lot of responsibility (outside of the game) on their shoulders...so do stuff, like have a hair style or buy their mum a house.

It learn Spanish. 

Although that’s cheating really. Spanish and Italian are basically the same, and French is very similar. I bet he can speak Portuguese too. 

He should come back when he can speak Icelandic. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It learn Spanish. 

Although that’s cheating really. Spanish and Italian are basically the same, and French is very similar. I bet he can speak Portuguese too. 

He should come back when he can speak Icelandic. 

Harsh!

I'll tell Jose, no haircuts for pogba til he speaks Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish. ?

0-0 HT. Mexico are living danerously. Sweden really aren't a good footballing team, but tactically they've been really good by pressing Mexico high and not allowing us to play out from the back.

They have such an advantage it's a complete waste playing long balls, while they look dangerous at every set-piece.

Glad the penalty wasn't given. It his Chicharito's arm, but no way was that an inentional handball.

Germany woeful again.  BBC are really winding me up today - almost as if they are supporting Germany.  Guess it would be good for ratings if they got through but I don't really want to be playing them in the quarters.

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Germany woeful again.  BBC are really winding me up today - almost as if they are supporting Germany.  Guess it would be good for ratings if they got through but I don't really want to be playing them in the quarters.

We won't be, the national confidence is working steadily towards outlast 16 exit v Japan.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We won't be, the national confidence is working steadily towards outlast 16 exit v Japan.

I wonder how the media will take it if we lose in the last 16 to a Japan, Senegal or Colombia.

So far they've lavished praise on England with many pundits saying they can win it. It will be interesting if the perception changes if we lose in the last 16, even if it's unlucky and on penalties after dominating the game.

Sweden deserve this. They’re winning all the second balls. I don’t know where the Mexican midfield is but they’re not picking up any of the knockdowns.

Sweden really aren’t a good team, but they’re being very effective. Burnley-esque against a small technical team.

Archived