World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeky freekick - although it resulted from Falcao fouling the defender and then being awarded a FK for his efforts.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No yellows are if you commit a foul that results in a penalty while attempting to play the ball (so cynical fouls are still reds).

Handball preventing a goal scoring opportunity is still always a red, in our out of the box.

Cheers for the clarification Ref!

Not a bad game so far - that Colombian free kick going under the wall - Jamie Ward tried that for two seasons at Derby and it never worked once!

Just now, StivePesley said:

Cheers for the clarification Ref!

Not a bad game so far - that Colombian free kick going under the wall - Jamie Ward tried that for two seasons at Derby and it never worked once!

Championship walls rarely jump. Always made up of unfit players using the opportunity for a breather. 

7 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Looking at that Goal Line Technology 'thing' - Frank's 'goal' against Germany in 2010 wouldn't even have been 'in view' it was that far over ?

Neuer also played a part in that - if you watch him a lot, he always grabs the ball very quickly and immediately puts it back into play whenever the ball comes back out quickly. Even if it hits the back of the net (on those odd occasions it bounces off the net like the net is a brick wall). There are a lot of goals scored against Neuer not given (well, far more than against the average GK). 

That side of his game has been scuppered by goal-line tech, but he still has the habit.

It's disgusting that Blatter has been invited to the World Cup. But then again it is Putin doing the inviting and he murders his opponents with gay abandon.

If I never post again I'll probably be propping up a flyover in Vladivostok

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3533422/vladimir-putin-to-welcome-sepp-blatter-as-guest-for-two-world-cup-games

1 minute ago, ramit said:

BBC commentator explaining how Japan beating Colombia would not be a great victory ?

Crazy really. Japan v 10 Colombians are still tough odds for them. They're one of the favourites for a reason.

This commentary team don't seem to think much of Colombia, they keep saying they're on the same level as Poland and Senegal. 

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Crazy really. Japan v 10 Colombians are still tough odds for them. They're one of the favourites for a reason.

This commentary team don't seem to think much of Colombia, they keep saying they're on the same level as Poland and Senegal. 

They are though aren't they?

Senegal are arguably stronger. Poland only really have Lewandowski, the rest of their better players are injured.

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

They are though aren't they?

Senegal are arguably stronger. Poland only really have Lewandowski, the rest of their better players are injured.

Not in my opinion, I feel like Colombia have more talent on their team - but I suppose I could  just be less knowledgeable regarding Poland and Senegal. 

I guess we'll see their levels when they play against each other anyway, not like much of a wait is coming. 

Archived