World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HantsRam said:

Alli looks a passenger atm and sterling looks hopeless. 

Ashley Young looks like what he is - a right footed player on the left. 

The rest look pretty good tbf 

Very questionable decisions by our defence as well though - Stones especially doesn't look great to me.

Just now, Alpha said:

Maybe Tunisia look crap because England are pressing well without over committing?

They genuinely are crap. Their passing was non existent against Spain when I watched them but England’s pressing is making them look even more crap. Only a matter of time before Tuniesa make a costly mistake trying to be too clever on the ball.

I like an attacking philosophy but seeing Tunisia’s passing at the back is giving me unwanted memories of Shackell’s passing.

Im really impressed with the energy in the England team though. Mexico are the only other side who have really impressed me in the tournament.

Harsh comments in here.

This is more one sided than most games and if this was Brazil and Switzerland putting in this performance everyone would be saying how good Brazil look and how unlucky they are.

Saw them v Switzerland and they weren't as aggressive as this. Thought Neymar and Jesus and Co were poo

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Harsh comments in here.

This is more one sided than most games and if this was Brazil and Switzerland putting in this performance everyone would be saying how good Brazil look and how unlucky they are.

Saw them v Switzerland and they weren't as aggressive as this. Thought Neymar and Jesus and Co were poo

It doesnt matter how one sided it is if we lack any teeth. We looked pretty good first half of the first half, but second half we have lacked any kind of cutting edge.

Trippier has played well though, so thats nice at least.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Harsh comments in here.

Why does it have to be one or the other? England have been brilliant but Tunisia have been rubbish. Any other day England would be winning by 4 or 5.

Archived