World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Yes, it seems odd to say ‘we just won 2-0, but these players were a waste of space, so we should change it up for the next game.’

You hear it after every Derby match, regardless of result. People always trying to pick out the "weak link".

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a few years time it's going to turn out that all these Russians are on drugs just like all their other sportsmen. 

They're going to win this tournament ? 

Russia miss first.
Croatia score first.

Russia score second.
Croatia miss second.

Russia miss third.
Croatia score third. (Just)

Russia score fourth.
Croatia score fourth.

Russia score fifth.
Croatia score fifth

Croatia win the Quarter Final

Enjoy your Jim Beam @Wolfie

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Russia miss first.
Croatia score first.

Russia score second.
Croatia miss second.

Russia miss third.
Croatia score third. (Just)

Russia score fourth.
Croatia score fourth.

Russia score fifth.
Croatia score fifth

Croatia win the Quarter Final

You are a gent and a scholar! Thanks for that

just glad it isn’t us who has to knock out the hosts!

There's something a bit poetic about facing Croatia. 

Croatia, for me, are the villains of the epitome of England's lackluster recent history, winning the game that meant we failed to qualify for Euro 2008.

It would really symbolise to me England finally leaving that behind them, should they win. 

EDIT: Thanks Hants

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

There's something a bit poetic about facing Croatia. 

Croatia, for me, are the villains of the epitome of England's lackluster recent history, winning the game that meant we failed to qualify for Euro 2004 (I think that one).

It would really symbolise to me England finally leaving that behind them, should they win. 

2008 - that was our failure.

Carson threw one over his own shoulder. 

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Are there any other weirdos out there like me who always adopt Croatia as their 2nd team every tournament, cos of Igor & Asa?

Nope. Me too. 

Went to watch them play at Euro96 for that very reason & have always had a soft spot for them since. 

3 hours ago, GadFly said:

Unpopular opinion: We're getting away with it, and no one wants to admit it. 

Basically, you can't stand to see us being successful and want to see the negative side to our best world cup performance in 28 years.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Are there any other weirdos out there like me who always adopt Croatia as their 2nd team every tournament, cos of Igor & Asa?

Yep. 

And their kit is nice. 

Always quite a nice team to watch when they're allowed to play tbf

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Nope. Me too. 

Went to watch them play at Euro96 for that very reason & have always had a soft spot for them since. 

Not me. I lose all interest once England are out. I only wish that they could ALL lose.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Me too. I also have a soft spot for them because I remember going to that club in Prague that's got 5 floors. I spent ages trying to figure out which floor had the best atmosphere before settling on the stairwell with all the Hajduk Split fans that were in town.

Archived