Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

I imagine he is saying he is in a job somewhere he likes is quite happy in his role with a manager who has said he is happy for him to stay.

So if you want me then you need to make the offer particularly attractive.Nothing wrong with that position at all so the ball is in Leeds court.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Football’s and other sports are completely different to every day employment. It’s not as if he’s lived here all his life, he’s moved around plenty of times, we don’t owe him any loyalty and he doesn’t owe anything to us. And Leeds are reportedly offering £40,000-£50,000 a week to him so he wouldn’t be taking a cut in his wages, if anything at least a £10,000-£15,000 increase.

His agent is presumably advising him so let's see whether his agent is offering sound advice only time will tell with that one. 

It all smacks of Vydra not being particularly arsed with going to Leeds which is (a) his preogative and (b) something which I can fully understand if I were in his position.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Football’s and other sports are completely different to every day employment. It’s not as if he’s lived here all his life, he’s moved around plenty of times, we don’t owe him any loyalty and he doesn’t owe anything to us. And Leeds are reportedly offering £40,000-£50,000 a week to him so he wouldn’t be taking a cut in his wages, if anything at least a £10,000-£15,000 increase.

I thought Leeds were quoted as offering £35,000 max which may or may not be approximately what we are paying him? 

Vydra has never had a medical at Leeds. He had a minor groin strain back end of last season. As a purely precautionary measure he had a minor operation in June, which has cleared the symptom completely. He is now back in training and will be fully fit very soon. Already showing peak sprint speeds.

1 minute ago, David said:

Vydra has never had a medical at Leeds. He had a minor groin strain back end of last season. As a purely precautionary measure he had a minor operation in June, which has cleared the symptom completely. He is now back in training and will be fully fit very soon. Already showing peak sprint speeds.

Great news, just in time to tear Reading a new one next week and then show Leeds what could have been 

9 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Great news, just in time to tear Reading a new one next week and then show Leeds what could have been 

I'd rather have Vydra then Waghorn any day of the week. Folks are insinuating on here that Vydra is being greedy with his wage demands but the figures being quoted that Ipswich are after for a player that effectively cost them nothing the season before are obscene.

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I'd rather have Vydra then Waghorn any day of the week. Folks are insinuating on here that Vydra is being greedy with his wage demands but the figures being quoted that Ipswich are after for a player that effectively cost them nothing the season before are obscene.

Does it matter what they paid last year? Scored or assisted more goals than Vydra, more versatile than Vydra, works harder than Vydra and £6-£7 mil less upfront. 

Think about it!!

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It looks like Waghorn won't be signed. The Yorkshire post says Leeds are turning their attention towards Patrick Bamford who hasn't been a complete success at Boro.

Personally think vydra is a better player than bamford so if leeds prefer bamford to vydra that must be because of money. 

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Does it matter what they paid last year? Scored or assisted more goals than Vydra, more versatile than Vydra, works harder than Vydra and £6-£7 mil less upfront. 

Think about it!!

Regardless of the merits and demerits of both our opinions they are all moot points if Vydra chooses not to join Leeds. 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Regardless of the merits and demerits of both our opinions they are all moot points if Vydra chooses not to join Leeds. 

I read that Boro want £14 million for Bamford. Transfer fees are out of control. QPR paid £4.5 million for Charlie Austin which seemed exorbitant at the time and given their issues with FFP was exorbitant!

Some strange stuff happening up at Middlesbrough- they play traore last night - he gets injured and he spouts off about being forced to play when his release clause has been met by wolves then the next day there is talk of Middlesbrough selling bamford to Leeds for between £7-10 million which Middlesbrough want to use to sign Waghorn and they need to raise funds

then again maybe Leeds are trying to persuade Vydra to sign by alternative means 

intresting days ahead 

DT now saying they have been told Vydra has NOT failed a medical.      The two clubs are still negotiating the details of payment for the transfer . There has not as yet been a medical !!   It could also be that Vydra and Leeds are ok about personal terms ?? Would seem the buck stops elswhere....................................       Maybe apologies are due to Mr.V......

Archived