Nick Blackman return?

BatRam

7 hours ago, DerbyGoals said:

Anyone remember when Redknapp said Blackman was by far the best player in training during his time at Derby? He has really not had a chance due to the chopping and changing here...15/16 scored 13 in 28 at Reading.. I am all for giving him a chance... there is talent there

How many did he score for Tel Aviv (or whoever the club was) then?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angieram said:

Banging them in then.

He got lucky one season. He's another Weimann, all athlete little skill or football brain. I'd much rather play an U23 than him however much he cost us. 

Is it likely he'll have another season at Tel Aviv? #fingerscrossed

5 hours ago, Davide said:

Blackman has not been given a fair deal. He’s been stuck on the wing mostly, not had a chance up front. It is a very different role. He may not end up cutting it for Derby but I wouldn’t be surprised if played properly, he scores goals. 

It's a legacy of my roller coaster purchases from one manager to another..

We have loads of strikers and not one plays like the other and sometimes it's wildly different.

Should give us a plan a,b,c,d and e?

Ramblur makes a good point earlier on. We may be better off giving him away this summer for nothing, rather than letting his contract run down.

We signed him for £2m on a 3.5 year deal. 1 year left so I think it’s a reasonable assumption that his ‘FFP value’ isn’t far off £750k. He’s reportedly earning more than £20k a week. So unless he finds form, increases his value and signs an extension, we’ll be better off giving him away and contributing towards his wages.☹️

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 18:46, Ghost of Clough said:

Ramblur makes a good point earlier on. We may be better off giving him away this summer for nothing, rather than letting his contract run down.

We signed him for £2m on a 3.5 year deal. 1 year left so I think it’s a reasonable assumption that his ‘FFP value’ isn’t far off £750k. He’s reportedly earning more than £20k a week. So unless he finds form, increases his value and signs an extension, we’ll be better off giving him away and contributing towards his wages.☹️

Hadn't seen this before. His book value may well be more than £750k, because of residual values. I think I might have suggested that we try to sell for anything we can get, but Frankie may find a use for him, so we'll just have to wait and see.

On 24/05/2018 at 19:46, Ghost of Clough said:

54 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Hadn't seen this before. His book value may well be more than £750k, because of residual values. I think I might have suggested that we try to sell for anything we can get, but Frankie may find a use for him, so we'll just have to wait and see.

At his age I’d guess at £2m, it’s not straight line depreciation, for the umpteenth time

Archived