Warnock Tactics?

RamLad1884

Gary Rowett has come out yesterday stating a Fulham midfielder should be banned for the playoffs after an alleged elbow on a Birmingham player at the weekend. 

This is a game that has nothing to do with Gary directly, and he's certainly not in a position to comment. Maybe it's an attempt at bringing up the drama between the two teams for tomorrow, in the same way Warnock (and to an extent Gary) did for the Cardiff game? 

Source: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-ace-should-banned-championsip-1550057

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

The bit I read said because there was a free kick there won't be retrospective action.

Probably just planting the seed that these Fulham guys do stick their elbows out. It is text book Warnock.

Don’t think it’s Warnock mate. 

Watched it 5 highlights and thought he will banned retrospectively for that. 

London bias I reckon 

34 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Gary Rowett has come out yesterday stating a Fulham midfielder should be banned for the playoffs after an alleged elbow on a Birmingham player at the weekend. 

This is a game that has nothing to do with Gary directly, and he's certainly not in a position to comment. Maybe it's an attempt at bringing up the drama between the two teams for tomorrow, in the same way Warnock (and to an extent Gary) did for the Cardiff game? 

Source: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-ace-should-banned-championsip-1550057

In fairness if you read his actual comments they are a lot tamer than the headline makes out and feel like he's more responding to a question proposed to him.

So you think Rowett just made this statement out of the blue?

This was highly likely to have been a question deliberately asked at the Press Conference by a Telegraph reporter, which forced Rowett into giving a response thus creating a 'story' for them to write up and circulate before tomorrow night's match. They don't care if it reflects negatively on Rowett or the club.

Derby Telegraph 'journalism' at its worst.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

So you think Rowett just made this statement out of the blue?

This was highly likely to have been a question deliberately asked at the Press Conference by a Telegraph reporter, which forced Rowett into giving a response thus creating a 'story' for them to write up and circulate before tomorrow night's match. They don't care if it reflects negatively on Rowett or the club.

Derby Telegraph 'journalism' at its worst.

What's funny is Rowett never actually uses the words "ban" or "banned" at all.

5 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Probably motivate them, should not have commented on it. 

5 hours ago, irobinson said:

I don't like this...let the FA deal with stuff.....not professional

When you read the full story, Rowett said nothing controversial whatsoever and certainly didn't call for the player to be banned. However I disagree with the implied criticism from both of you. In the modern game I want our manager to sow seeds in referee's minds before big games. 

If we were playing the gumps I'd want him to say pre match what an outrageous diver Brereton is. Here, it would be a good tactic to point out that just because people think Fulham play pretty football, it doesn't stop them being really dirty off the ball and referees should be watching for that. Maybe that's what he's done here? 

7 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Do you have any links to the article where Rowett has 'come out stating that a Fulham midfielder should be banned'?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When you read the full story, Rowett said nothing controversial whatsoever and certainly didn't call for the player to be banned. However I disagree with the implied criticism from both of you. In the modern game I want our manager to sow seeds in referee's minds before big games. 

If we were playing the gumps I'd want him to say pre match what an outrageous diver Brereton is. Here, it would be a good tactic to point out that just because people think Fulham play pretty football, it doesn't stop them being really dirty off the ball and referees should be watching for that. Maybe that's what he's done here? 

Fair play it's your opinion ,but if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong?

Archived