Do we deserve to be in the play offs...

Chester40

24 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We could lose to Barnsley and Burton could get a point or more and we'll still be 6th and yes we deserve to be 6th. If we do it the Q.P.R way and Jerome scores a last minute winner then I for one think life is all about ying and yang, black and white and I'm ready to flap Mel's free flag about all over the shop whilst thousands of ram fans enjoy a free season ticket next year, but not me and the Aberdeenshire Rams as we spend about that fee every time we support D.C.F.C.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity

It's a flange. 

Have you learned nothing on here?  ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Owd miner said:

No wi dunt , we will get crucified if we go up 

How can you possibly say that? We have no idea what players GR would sign with the Premier League money or how they would perform. Sure, we are all scarred by”that” season, but that doesn’t mean you should never try again.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

To be honest, if we finish 6th and go up instead of Fulham / Cardiff who finish 3rd, we won’t really have deserved it. The play off system itself is exciting but flawed. 

But I don’t really care (especially if it’s cardiff). 

It’s a role of the dice @TigerTedd a role of the dice, but as long as they role in our favour then who cares

Sith Happens

Every team deserves to finish where they do, apart from last season of course when Forest should have got relegated and would have done had it not been for lansburys cheating against Sunderland and the ref who doesn't understand the rules against us.?

Just about - I think if you balance our season out then yes.

Majority of the alternatives are teams that pretty much did the reverse and had poor starts followed by decent runs, On the grounds we reached the automatic positions I think we deserve it more.  Would argue Sheffield United also have a claim.

Yes we do. But you'd expect that from me I suppose.

thing is Gary arrived in  "interesting times" A club that had already emerged from the underachieving shadows under Mac / The Americans, The play off defeat, Mel. Then the desperate desire to help Paul Clement and pay big money for BJ and Butterfield. Then another Splash for Pearson with Vydra, then Martin gate and all the loan issues around Bryson, Blackman et al.  

The game plan has been stitched together. It's had its triumphs and disasters. Early season was patchy and inconsistent. Then we switched to 2 deep mids and it gelled. We went on a great run. Vydra found his form. Nugent was hungry and deft and we had a solid defensive unit. There was team spirit. Even in the lengthy dip I can only remember a couple of games where we were genuinely without desire or spirit. 

In short the team stuck at it and had enough talented players and togetherness to get this far. We are not good enough to be automatic promotion contenders but on the balance of the season we have earned our position. 

Just want that precious point next week so that we can enter the lottery where anything goes on the day and I reckon on a good one  we can do it. But then I'm a supporter first and analyst second so what do I know.

Archived