Wanchope Day

Day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent the my match ticket for this game to Simon Mayo on Radio 1 with my song requests written on the ticket with a stamp on it, no envelope, as they asked for different ways of requesting songs and he played them...

Current Song: “6 Underground” by Sneaker Pimps

Recent Song: “Wide Open Space” by Mansun

All-time Fave Song: “Bitterest Pill” by The Jam

"Watch out for the Costa Rican!" I said to the Man Ure fans in the pub 20 minutes before ko.

They laughed...

Just love the stunned, jaw dropped pictures of the Stretford End and PW at full gallop. I like to think they saw me in a flashback...priceless. Thank you Paulo...

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

"Watch out for the Costa Rican!" I said to the Man Ure fans in the pub 20 minutes before ko.

They laughed...

Just love the stunned, jaw dropped pictures of the Stretford End and PW at full gallop. I like to think they saw me in a flashback...priceless. Thank you Paulo...

It really is a great sporting photo and says so much.

The thoroughbred athlete celebrating and achieving something any kid or adult footballer dreams of. The celebration body language is Tardelli-esque.

The crowd:

The spoilt majority going mad at the manu defence and midfield (i.e. The 8 players that Wanchope 'treated with contempt and made look 2nd rate').

The very few with the fine appreciation of the game who are looking at Wanchope in admiration and thinking 'who is that player'? He looks good enough to be Alan Hansen's all time hero.

Some fans are speculating that maybe BBC will just have to rename Motd as Wanchope of the day.

A couple of fans are just enjoying the moment knowing it gets no better than his.

And obviously there's a few muttering something about that Derby fans warning about a Costa Rican!

Would live to know if there were any Derby fans in the Stretford End that day and what it was like to see it develop, happen and the aftermath?!

Archived