Self imposed transfer rules

RamNut

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Youre arguing about a hypothetical set of ramnut made up circumstances that could never and will never happen. 

Fair play. 

Happy Sunday ?

Need something to occupy the days on international breaks ☹️

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're good enough, you're old/young enough.

Yes, we've got fan expectations to think about, if we start throwing youngsters in but what about Mel's expectations?

At some point we need to be promoted to have any chance of him getting any return on his investment. He's the one bankrolling the club - would he be OK with us finishing 7th but having a couple of kids playing regularly.

If he has addressed this, I've missed it.

34 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

If you're good enough, you're old/young enough.

Yes, we've got fan expectations to think about, if we start throwing youngsters in but what about Mel's expectations?

At some point we need to be promoted to have any chance of him getting any return on his investment. He's the one bankrolling the club - would he be OK with us finishing 7th but having a couple of kids playing regularly.

If he has addressed this, I've missed it.

He talked about it at the recent fans forum. He basically said if we want to take a chance on playing a larger number of young players we would need to align our expectations accordingly, Mel however doesn't believe that we as a club are ready to do that.

In my personal opinion it's great when a young player bursts through but it can go the other way if you play too many of them. You can potentially put young lads in high pressure situations and if they start to struggle and the fans turn you can kill their confidence. As with all things there is a balance, just throwing the kids in and hoping they manage to swim instead of sinking isn't a sensible thing to do.

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He talked about it at the recent fans forum. He basically said if we want to take a chance on playing a larger number of young players we would need to align our expectations accordingly, Mel however doesn't believe that we as a club are ready to do that.

In my personal opinion it's great when a young player bursts through but it can go the other way if you play too many of them. You can potentially put young lads in high pressure situations and if they start to struggle and the fans turn you can kill their confidence. As with all things there is a balance, just throwing the kids in and hoping they manage to swim instead of sinking isn't a sensible thing to do.

The big problem, as I see it, is that the best time to introduce youngsters is when the team is playing well. However, if the team's playing well, there's a good chance we'll be vying for promotion.

On 25 March 2018 at 08:02, coneheadjohn said:

Like Logan’s Run?

Anybody over30 gets vaporised automatically?

No that would be ridiculous.........

35 fair enough.

if we promoted the u23s...

Carson

wisdom.   Keogh.   Davies.   New

.             Elsnik.      Huddlestone

Lawrence.        Vydra.     Weimann

.                          New 

.                     Roos

New     Pearce.   Hanson.  Lowe

.            Thorne.    Guy

Thomas.     Vernam.     Bennett