Wow! Kasey Palmer

Ellafella

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/derby-county/11279222/qpr-1-1-derby

What  a talent this young man is showing himself to be. Beats 3 QPR players to set up Weimann for the goal versus QPR. Surely must start  along with Vydra in the game next Sunday. The football talent Palmer displays is the reason why I pay to watch...that's what I want to see...action, excitement, self-belief, impudence, skill, not just effort and a long kick "into the channels" wherever they are. :mellow:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Little bit of brilliance for the goal but on the whole did very little else last night.

We need to get him on the ball deeper and running at the opposition. 

One problem though is that we already have Vydra doing that. 

Good job he was playing then otherwise we'd have lost 1-NONE.

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good job he was playing then otherwise we'd have lost 1-NONE.

Doesnt necessarily work like that because we don't know how Vydra would have done.

Anyone else a bit concerned about Vydras body language in the last couple of matches? Or am I seeing something that isn't there?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone else a bit concerned about Vydras body language in the last couple of matches? Or am I seeing something that isn't there?

Well Gary did say he needs to feel loved, perhaps he sees Gary's got a new friend in Cam?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've noticed it too. Open posture, playing with his hair, keeps touching my arm...

I'm going for it.

As good as his play in setting up the goal was, others are right, he was isolated for long periods.  He played far too high for most of game, it was almost like he was playing as a second striker at times.  Seeing as Ledley is struggling, the Johnson/Huddlestone double act clearly doesn't work, and the lad is pretty strong, wouldn't it be a good idea to play him deeper???  I know it'll never happen, but hey I can dream of a midfielder who'll take it round their man instead of either going 10 yards to the side or sticking it in the channels (SIGH...)

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/derby-county/11279222/qpr-1-1-derby

What  a talent this young man is showing himself to be. Beats 3 QPR players to set up Weimann for the goal versus QPR. Surely must start  along with Vydra in the game next Sunday. The football talent Palmer displays is the reason why I pay to watch...that's what I want to see...action, excitement, self-belief, impudence, skill, not just effort and a long kick "into the channels" wherever they are. :mellow:

Agreed, Palmer is a breath of fresh air. 

If everybody was fit I'd probably play him (nominally) on the right and deploy him as a wide playmaker similar to how Erikson plays for spurs, with Vydra at #10. 

Right now though given our options are to pair Huddlestone with either Johnson or Hanson, I'd just play him midfield. It'd give us a bit of energy in midfield and somebody who can actually carry the ball forward. 

8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Agreed, Palmer is a breath of fresh air. 

If everybody was fit I'd probably play him (nominally) on the right and deploy him as a wide playmaker similar to how Erikson plays for spurs, with Vydra at #10. 

Right now though given our options are to pair Huddlestone with either Johnson or Hanson, I'd just play him midfield. It'd give us a bit of energy in midfield and somebody who can actually carry the ball forward. 

Absolutely...I would do this too. 

Archived