No UK representatives at the World Cup?

Gaspode

Just seen a clip of Boris saying that it would be "difficult to see that UK representation at the World Cup in Russia could go ahead" if it turns out that they have poisoned the bloke in Salisbury....at least we won't get knocked out in the group stage if that's the case...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

It says he is on about officials and not the team itself.

To be honest because of the alleged corruption, rife Racism and their appalling attitude to members of the LGBT community, the violence that can be expected i'd be happy for us to boycott anyway, we wont but we should. Shocking place to choose to hold the World Cup.

It is time to make a stand against places like that and UEFA/FIFA and all heir little minions (yes your precious Pep @Bris Vegas for one) and their corrupt method of “voting” for the World Cup  

the only way to do this would be not to go, we won’t of course because the FA want the money and wouldn’t want to be blacklisted....but it would really make a statement  

I think that Boris was referring to the massive entourage of hangers-on and 'VIPs' who get all the freebies - including him, of course. I'm sure that Russia are quaking in their boots at Britain's decision (if one is made) to not send various members of the royal household on an all-expenses-paid holiday to see 'the greatest show'.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think that Boris was referring to the massive entourage of hangers-on and 'VIPs' who get all the freebies - including him, of course. I'm sure that Russia are quaking in their boots at Britain's decision (if one is made) to not send various members of the royal household on an all-expenses-paid holiday to see 'the greatest show'.

No one should go anyway. The only people that should go are the team and the staff needed like the manager, physios, coaches etc.

Even the pundits shouldnt go, dont see any reason why they have to travel out, just as easy to be a pundit from a studio in London or Manchester.

18 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It says he is on about officials and not the team itself.

To be honest because of the alleged corruption, rife Racism and their appalling attitude to members of the LGBT community, the violence that can be expected i'd be happy for us to boycott anyway, we wont but we should. Shocking place to choose to hold the World Cup.

True, but at least there is the 2022 World Cup to look forward to. :ph34r:

Sith Happens
32 minutes ago, Highgate said:

True, but at least there is the 2022 World Cup to look forward to. :ph34r:

Yep thats very much out of the frying pan time.

Archived