change formation

Richard246

8 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

oh yes , the getting rid of the best players argument , did these best players get us promoted?

No but they got us to close enough, and playing great football. I'd swap for what we have now, wouldn't you? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Agreed. imagine having someone in his mould, like I don't know Chris Martin? Imagine we had someone like that in the squad....oh wait :pinch:

Haven't you noticed how we're not allowed to make mention of *whisper* Martin? Lots of these what's 'gone wrong' posts, very few mention CM - like he didn't score and create shedloads of goals for DCFC. And like he's not still our player - he IS.

.                             Nugent

weimann.    Palmer.   Vydra.     Lawrence

Huddlestone

Forsyth.   Davies.     Keogh.     Wisdom

.                           Carson

A bit more attacking threat. A bit more on the front foot. 

We do seem to have a very thin squad all of sudden.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Haven't you noticed how we're not allowed to make mention of *whisper* Martin? Lots of these what's 'gone wrong' posts, very few mention CM - like he didn't score and create shedloads of goals for DCFC. And like he's not still our player - he IS.

Unfortunately we can't change it, but the more I see Jerome the more I think what an absolute uwful January Gary had. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just imagine if we had Martin up front. Holding the long hoofs forward up and laying them off to the advancing Vydra and Palmer. How good would we would look now?? Guess we’ll never know ?

Just now, Premier ram said:

FGS Martin , Ince , Hughes , Bryson are history , 2 of them wanted to leave , 2 had their fair crack at getting us promoted , blimey and we slate Forest for living in the past

They were ALL told they weren't wanted at DCFC.

Our squad doesn't seem like balanced one. Vydra, Lawrence, and Palmer all look like their best position would be behind the striker/attacking midfield. Our best winger at the moment is most likely Weimann... and he shouldn't.

Would be madness to change formation anyway as it would need countless of new drills to make it even half good... Besides, first half against Leeds was maybe the best football we've played all season and it's just couple games ago.

6 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

FGS Martin , Ince , Hughes , Bryson are history , 2 of them wanted to leave , 2 had their fair crack at getting us promoted , blimey and we slate Forest for living in the past

Which 2 wanted to leave? All 4 would have wanted a crack at the premier league. But I’m sure all 4 would have loved it to have been with Derby. They all have had their differences with various managers, but not with the club 

Regardless of who's been manager over the last few seasons it seems all of them cannot change there favourite formation and adapt the team to be able to do that namely on the training ground.

I've noticed that Paul Cook is very good at changing a game by altering the formations during a game and did that well today at Blackburn and changed his formation at least 3 times against City in the cup.

For all those that berated no plan b with Mac then how is this any different with GR's 4231

Some people think formations don't matter but surely a bit of tactical nous would not hurt especially when playing teams who play 3 at the back because we definitely struggle numerically in midfield when playing against that formation.

I agree with the post earlier that said that just because we don't want to be constantly chopping and changing mangers and want some consistency and to give the manager the time to mould his own team and style that only applies if we think we've got the right man in the job.

What worries me about GR is the style of play and the fact our team is too old and has no energy in the middle of the park also and i've said this before but our scouting is rubbish......not one of our players brought in required scouting....not one, now lets  look at yesterdays opponents Fulham...Sessegnon,Fredericks and Cairney are just 3 that we'd all love to see in a rams shirt yet cost very little and were probably scouted.....

I will always get behind DCFC because its my passion and always will be and i travel hundrerds of miles from Kent to support us but for me if we fail this season we need to get youngsters in and keep a couple of old heads not the other way round.

GR has made it harder for himself in my view as if we fail to go up then we are stuck with a load of ageing players, if he had got a load of youngsters in then this season was only good experience and a learning curve to go one better next season.

I do like Rowett he seems a genuinely nice honest bloke but he did say we would get young hungry players in....he didn't !!

QPR next...we need 3 points !!! COYR

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You and those like minded are entitled to an opinion but your opinions are unbalanced and excessively negative. Hate the atmosphere around the forum when you lot hold sway. 

Truth hurts...try the ignore button if it bothers you that much

Archived