Steve McClaren on Management, Comebacks and err...Israel (The Times)

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Considering Steve got us from flirting with Relegation to Play off candidates then wasnt that peculiar.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Well yeah, people only remember him for a terrible spell at Newcastle - Which in fairness they should do. 

However, I am only commenting on what he did for us, made us challengers again whilst getting us all excited with the standard of attacking football. 

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Well yeah, people only remember him for a terrible spell at Newcastle - Which in fairness they should do. 

However, I am only commenting on what he did for us, made us challengers again whilst getting us all excited with the standard of attacking football. 

His spell with England I could go on  

His first spell was good with Nigel Cloughs team. 

McClaren is a coach not a Manager. 

5 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

But you keep chiming in. The thread is alive and well as long as you comment. Even if it's telling people to move on. 

Haven’t posted for a while but this thread drives me mad. 

McClaren is the new ghost of Derby past. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Haven’t posted for a while but this thread drives me mad. 

McClaren is the new ghost of Derby past. 

You can't control it. Let people enjoy the nostalgia. No one begrudges you for focusing on the future. If it's peace of mind you're after, why not stick to threads that celebrate Rowett?  

2 hours ago, curtains said:

His spell with England I could go on  

His first spell was good with Nigel Cloughs team. 

McClaren is a coach not a Manager. 

What a stupid thing to say - I was again commenting on how he did with US, ignoring admittedly disastrous spells at other places but that is irrelevant to us.

Give the man some credit for changing our ambition to almost reality - he did a great job for us in both spells considering our positions at each time.

Archived