Steve McClaren on Management, Comebacks and err...Israel (The Times)

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Didn’t say that I asked are they Derby fans or McClaren fans. 

Spot the difference 

Why did you ask it then?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, curtains said:

No it doesn’t. 

Total differnt meanings. 

So Gary saying he is disappointed because they were on track etc etc and Steve saying he though his sacking was unjust because they were on track etc etc are totally different?

Just now, Paul71 said:

Why did you ask it then?

Because I think many Derby Fans have their priorities wrong when it comes to DCFC. 

Just enjoy the Club and stop harping back to McClaren.  

I could harp back to losing Brian Clough  to Forest because they were unhappy days for Derby fans in comparison 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because I think many Derby Fans have their priorities wrong when it comes to DCFC. 

Just enjoy the Club and stop harping back to McClaren.  

I could harp back to losing Brian Clough  to Forest because they were unhappy days for Derby fans in comparison 

Hardly a priority. My priority is enjoying the football, and hoping we succeed,as much as i can regardless of who is the manager.

Doesn't mean I can't chirp in with comments on a thread if I want to even if it's not relevant to today's manager or team.

Doesn't mean I don't have my priorities right.

I feel Mcclaren was treated harshly. So if someone says otherwise I might offer my opinion (because that's all it is). Doesn't mean I want rowett to fail to justify my views, far from it.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hardly a priority. My priority is enjoying the football, and hoping we succeed,as much as i can regardless of who is the manager.

Doesn't mean I can't chirp in with comments on a thread if I want to even if it's not relevant to today's manager or team.

Doesn't mean I don't have my priorities right.

I feel Mcclaren was treated harshly. So if someone says otherwise I might offer my opinion (because that's all it is). Doesn't mean I want rowett to fail to justify my views, far from it.

He only had 4 different terms at Derby. Player , coach , Manager twice.  

Harsh.  No 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

He only had 4 different terms at Derby. Player , coach , Manager twice.  

Harsh.  No 

Harsh.Yes. in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Why is my attitude way off the mark @curtains? I merely asked the question. :lol:

I was very keen on getting Rowett in at Derby to the extent I get told I’m not the only one who wanted him at Derby.   But it is true I had a wobble after the Sheff U away and Bristol away performances but I don’t think I was too vociferous. Anyway thanks for the debate. 

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

One thing about you mate is you are a good debater. 

Don't put too much store in the praise, @Paul71.

It might only be my perception but I sense Curtains has a tendency to change his mind rather frequently.

Now, I am not going to criticise Gary for calling his sacking from Birmingham "extremely disappointing" in a statement issued specifically for the purpose of complaining about his dismissal...because I agree with him that his dismissal was unjust.

As he noted, he was well on the way to meeting his targets. I'd be reasonably confident that, in his private moments, he'd agree that it was unremarkable that a manager who had met his targets might refer to his dismissal as unjust in a wide-ranging interview.

What's more, I suspect Gary would be extremely disappointed in a bloke who called a predecessor of his disloyal and hopeless in the extreme on ridiculously spurious grounds might try to obfuscate the subject of the debate by suggesting it was because that predecessor dared call his dismissal unjust.

15 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So Gary saying he is disappointed because they were on track etc etc and Steve saying he though his sacking was unjust because they were on track etc etc are totally different?

Here is a white horse with black stripes

1200px-Plains_Zebra_Equus_quagga.jpg

Here is a black horse with white stripes

1200px-Plains_Zebra_Equus_quagga.jpg

They are completely different....

On 24/01/2018 at 16:32, EssendonRam said:

It’s so easy to forget the ‘somewhere’ we were going when he returned the second time, isn’t it?

And, if you can think past your bile, you’d recognise that we were on the road to nowhere when McClaren took over the first time.

’Nowhere’ is also where we can find your response to the repeated question as to whether Rowett, as things stand, is also a failure. Your rationale clearly indicates that you must regard him as such...you just don’t have the intestinal fortitude and/or consistency to say so.

dream on

Archived