The planet's are aligning

MackworthRamIsGod

Things just seem to be going our way at the minute.

I see Villa as our main rivals, they are still 5 points clear. Can Bruce get them ticking along enough to catch us?

Bristol City I see as the next main threat, they lost today and are now 5 points off. Beat them Friday and that's a nice 8 point cushion.

Middlesbrough are My outside concern. They lost today to make the gap 11 points, surely too much now.

It really is a great time to support the Rams.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa would be my main concern for 2nd, However lots of points to be won and lost yet.  Personally don't see Villa having the Quality to catch us unless we really fall a part.

5 points ahead of Vila, with so many games left provides us with a temporary comfort Zone which may increase and decrease throughout the remaining games. However if we keep up our present performance levels even having the occasional blipp can Villa have such a unblemished finish to the season not only to out perform us but reduce a 5 point deficit?

Dont believe any other rivals will be serious contenders for 2nd.

Cardiff,Bristol city, showing vulnerability and inconsistency and Leeds, Middlesborough to far behind to achieve second.

Think GR will be expecting us to play to finish top until mathematically impossible. Watched Villa today and really didnt see anything too clever  

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Villa would be my main concern for 2nd, However lots of points to be won and lost yet.  Personally don't see Villa having the Quality to catch us unless we really fall a part.

5 points ahead of Vila, with so many games left provides us with a temporary comfort Zone which may increase and decrease throughout the remaining games. However if we keep up our present performance levels even having the occasional blipp can Villa have such a unblemished finish to the season not only to out perform us but reduce a 5 point deficit?

Dont believe any other rivals will be serious contenders for 2nd.

Cardiff,Bristol city, showing vulnerability and inconsistency and Leeds, Middlesborough to far behind to achieve second.

Think GR will be expecting us to play to finish top until mathematically impossible. Watched Villa today and really didnt see anything too clever  

Villa have the quality and the experience!

We just need to keep doing what we’ve been doing since the Bristol game. 

I think villa will be very strong in the sevond half of the season.

we still have to go away to wolves and villa 

so a 5 point lead isn't enough to rule them out.

55 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Still so many games left. Please don't jinx us. We haven't achieved anything yet.

That's not true. I think having reached 52 points we can now say we're safe from relegation :)

But seriously folks, all I see on our rivals forums is how every season we're in a good position and then find a way to balls it up. And it's hard to deny it's true. As Gypsy says there are so many games left and so many points to play for. Villa aren't our closest rivals, we're only 5 points ahead of them and the last away game of the season is at Villa Park. If they gain more than 1 point on us in the 17 games between now and then, that game alone gives them the chance to overhaul us.

Let's enjoy the ride and be happy we're playing well, but please don't count any chickens just yet. And let's stop posting things on here that will be ammunition for rival fans if for any reason we can't keep it going. We always laugh at the Gumps for winning the league in August. Well, we certainly haven't won promotion mid-January.

Things are hotting up - Mercury is rising

We have an attractive team- Venus in blue jeans

We are keeping our feet on the ground - Earth

We are excited - Over the Moon

This team knows how to work, rest and play - Just like Mars

By Jove we are second in the league - Jupiter

Io, Io it's off to the Prem we go

Europa League in five years

Saturn top of the league

Song - "We are the Rams" - Neptune

Bottom line is, we are getting promoted - Uranus 

Titan like performance today.

Have you got asteroids? , No I always walk like this.

Enceledus? No I do not eat salads

Castor and Pollux? No I am a vegetarian.

Ort Cloud? No I ort not, but thanks anyway.

Callisto? No I never wear high heels.

Kuiper Belt?, Oh thank you, my braces have snapped

Have you fluffed? No it is the solar wind

Did you burp? No it was a coronal mass ejection

Have you got Pluto? No it is just a bunion.

Are you going to dot.comet? No I do not have broadband.

Cosmonauts One Astronauts Nought

Do Cosmonauts and Astronauts play noughts and crosses? Probably

I made these up so be kind, please do not go ballistic. Thank you

Archived