Uncle Mel lived by the sword and now dies by it?

Half fan

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was open season on Mel for a while. How many people read (or heard about) the 'drone' story and thought 'well, that explains everything' and just jumped on the bandwagon? A lot.

Now I plough a lonely furrow..... :ph34r:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think mels been great for the club but as im sure hes very well aware that you take the rough with the smooth,also he doesnt strike me as a man that cares what any of the haters think.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Its not the right way to do things though is it ?? You're undermining the manager!

The manager was included in the rollocking.

He was not rollocking the players on behalf of Clement, he was telling the collective that performance was not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm afraid so Eddie, people are far too quick to accept paper gossip as fact.

So Mel going into the changing room did not happen and was only paper talk ??? :lol::lol::lol:

wow it must be great to be so self righteous and seemingly know fact from fiction...

For the record i like and admire Mel but my post was in reaction to someone saying hes made no mistakes.

He has and thats a fact but i think the best chairman stick to what they know best, they are not football managers as Clough wrote in his autobiography.

He's probably a better chairman now than when he first took over and a bit wiser but to say hes made no mistakes is wrong

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Boss gives his employees a rollocking...what's wrong with that?

...because it totally undermines the manager in front of the group.

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

If the managers not capable of sorting it then the chairman can have his say  He's not the first and won't be the last ask Barry Fry 

If the chairman makes a public show of not believing that the manager can sort it, the manager is finished.

25 minutes ago, Saity said:

So Mel going into the changing room did not happen and was only paper talk ??? :lol::lol::lol:

So Mel was actually using drones to spy on Pearson?

11 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

If the managers not capable of sorting it then the chairman can have his say  He's not the first and won't be the last ask Barry Fry 

I agree the chairman can have his say but not in the changing room thats the manager and coaches job he's put his money into the club so of course is entitled to his opinion but there is a right and wrong way of doing everything and think going into the changing rooms is not right, if hes not happy with the manager then deal with that matter but not in the changing room, think it was a bad call from Mel but...he's probably learnt from it....

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

I don't know i don't think thats ever been proved... I wasn't  referring to that eddie only the changing room incident

No, you were implying that the person you quoted (SaulPimpson) was referring to the changing room incident when he just said 'paper talk'.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

No, you were implying that the person you quoted (SaulPimpson) was referring to the changing room incident when he just said 'paper talk'.

When Uncle Mel did it, it was painted out to be the worst thing in the world to brainwash people like you!

This comment earlier stating that I can be brainwashed insinuates that I beleive everything i read and am not intelligent enough to make up my own mind on incidents which actually happened.....well guess what ???? I'm intelligent enough to decipher for myself what I think is right and what is wrong.

People sitting behind keyboards sending offensive messages are the type who would never say it to your face but think its perfectly ok to put it on a fan forum safely behind there keyboard.....I will always say what i think but try not to offend anyone elses opinion...

On 1/7/2018 at 10:38, Half fan said:

To give Uncle Mel some much deserved due, he seems to have learnt from his errors.

In choosing GR, he has at last selected the right man (i.e. character) for the job which has needed to be done for years since our Wembley failure. And in removing Sam Rush he has resolved an inevitable conflict between two strong leaders, and created a supportive instead of divisive structure around GR.

But having put down the sword, our owner now faces his biggest test. The Coates family has a much better sheathed sword than his. Even if Stoke City having had two managers whilst we have had twelve is an exaggerated statistic, Stoke has the proven supportive environment for an ambitious and highly regarded manager. For GR, this fact could be over-riding and make irrelevant all other pro-DCFC considerations listed in fear on our forum.

So GR couldn't be blamed for leaving if offered the Stoke job.

If Stoke want GR, Uncle Mel faces his biggest challenge in persuading GR that his current words now count for more than his past actions.

And some on this forum might even be thinking that our owner's advocacy of the Derby Way will dissuade him from trying! Ronald Koeman could resurface at our end of the A50!

Die by the sword!!!! Click-baity, melodramatic guff.

Firstly, Mel owns the club so he ain't going anywhere unless he wants to, so whether Rowett goes or stays is completely irrelevant. Assuming any link is not merely tenuous, it's desperate.

Secondly, Rowett is Derby man and confident in his own abilities. He will back himself to succeed at Derby and will have access to a £100 million +++ warchest to strengthen should we get promoted which he won't be getting at Stoke who may well be heading in the opposite direction anyway. 

Thirdly, he's contracted to Derby and unless the club is keen to get shot, which they clearly are not, he's going nowhere. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

...because it totally undermines the manager in front of the group.

The rollocking was for the collective group.

Nobody was undermined, everyone was told to book their ideas up.

If he had spoken to the players only he would have undermined the manager.

If he had spoken to the manager alone, it appears the message may not have got across to the players that performance was unacceptable.

All in my opinion and based on what MM has said, which of course is only his side of the story of course.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If he had spoken to the manager alone, it appears the message may not have got across to the players that performance was unacceptable.

this is it though, if the boss has this opinion it is a clear signal to all that he has lost faith in the manager.  I'm not even discussing whether MM was right or wrong but the impact will not have helped PC one bit. If you did this in the real world get ready for a constructive dismissal claim

23 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The rollocking was for the collective group.

Nobody was undermined, everyone was told to book their ideas up.

If he had spoken to the players only he would have undermined the manager.

All in my opinion and based on what MM has said, which of course is only his side of the story of course.

0-0 draw?

over fookin mad bogger reaction.

should have just headed for the bar and given his ego a soaking.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

0-0 draw?

over fookin mad bogger reaction.

should have just headed for the bar and given his ego a soaking.

I remember by that point of the season I was incredibly bored with the football (I remember our Boxing Day victory over Fulham nearly sending me to sleep).

I think if I had invested circa £20m in a product and that was all I was getting my reaction would be the same.

It's easy to go to the bar and drink away your memory of a match when it's only cost you £20, I imagine it's a bit different when it's cost you  £20m. 

Archived