Uncle Mel lived by the sword and now dies by it?

Half fan

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I remember by that point of the season I was incredibly bored with the football (I remember our Boxing Day victory over Fulham nearly sending me to sleep).

I think if I had invested circa £20m in a product and that was all I was getting my reaction would be the same.

It's easy to go to the bar and drink away your memory of a match when it's only cost you £20, I imagine it's a bit different when it's cost you  £20m. 

Nothing was as boring as Brentford away this season. They must have had to forcibly restrain mel from kicking the door down.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Nothing was as boring as Brentford away this season. They must have had to forcibly restrain mel from kicking the door down.

An away game where we took the lead and defended it until 89th minute?

Sure the Chairman can see the difference between that and a game where we just passed the ball aimlessly between centre backs and literally put no effort in.

On 1/8/2018 at 23:59, G STAR RAM said:

The rollocking was for the collective group.

Nobody was undermined, everyone was told to book their ideas up.

If he had spoken to the players only he would have undermined the manager.

If he had spoken to the manager alone, it appears the message may not have got across to the players that performance was unacceptable.

All in my opinion and based on what MM has said, which of course is only his side of the story of course.

Im sure he learnt his lesson anyway, didnt we lose 3-0 at home in the next game?

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

People have selective memory to suit their arguments, that along with a couple of games especially in the first half at home are some of the worst football I have seen derby play for a long while.  That Fulham game we had 19 shots albeit 1 on target and won 2-0, following on from a recent 4-0 drubbing of Bristol City, yes really boring ?

Brentford we have 24% possession and a total of 3 shots.  To say it was boring is an understatement.

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

People have selective memory to suit their arguments, that along with a couple of games especially in the first half at home are some of the worst football I have seen derby play for a long while.  That Fulham game we had 19 shots albeit 1 on target and won 2-0, following on from a recent 4-0 drubbing of Bristol City, yes really boring ?

Brentford we have 24% possession and a total of 3 shots.  To say it was boring is an understatement.

I see what you mean now. Didn't follow at first. The Reading game 1-1 was actually at the end of a run of good form.

W9 d4 l2 pld 15

after the changing room incident our form collapsed.

pld 6 w0 d2 lost 4

Archived