Trevor Sinclair admits racially abusing police officer and drink-driving

GboroRam

"Sinclair, who grew up in Manchester and made 82 league appearance for the Blues, was sentenced to 150 hours community service for a racially-aggravated public order offence and given a 20-month drink drive ban."

I'm not sure what a 20-month drink drive ban means. Is he allowed to drive if he's sober? After 20 months, can he drink-drive again?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/former-man-city-star-trevor-sinclair-admits-racially-abusing-police-officer-and-drink-driving/ar-BBHMzSP?ocid=spartandhp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

"Sinclair, who grew up in Manchester and made 82 league appearance for the Blues, was sentenced to 150 hours community service for a racially-aggravated public order offence and given a 20-month drink drive ban."

I'm not sure what a 20-month drink drive ban means. Is he allowed to drive if he's sober? After 20 months, can he drink-drive again?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/former-man-city-star-trevor-sinclair-admits-racially-abusing-police-officer-and-drink-driving/ar-BBHMzSP?ocid=spartandhp

I am assuming he will no longer do any TV pundit work and will be sacked by the BBC.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

For drink driving maybe. It’d be more than a tad hypocritical for the BBC to sack someone for being racist.

I know it wasn't the BBC but Ron Atkinson was sacked so they should be consistent.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I am assuming he will no longer do any TV pundit work and will be sacked by the BBC.

Is there any football shown on BBC? Apart from that program with the big eared tax avoider which i never watch?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I know it wasn't the BBC but Ron Atkinson was sacked so they should be consistent.

Ron Atkinson wasnt charged with any offence was he? Sinclair has been convicted of an offence so to be consistent I think there should be no question of him working for the BBC again. What happened to that DJ who objected to some fat person of a certain religious or ethnic persuasion  being his boss ? Has he been sacked by the BBC yet?

Oh sinclair is a racist, he wears a racists hat

he pissed all down his trousers 

in the back of the coppers cab

he went out in his Tesla

and crashed into a bird

and we came to Derby

this is what he heard

12 hours ago, StringerBell said:

They said he’s nothing to do with them. Not sure why anybody should be interested in what they’ve got to say mind.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/kick-it-out-issues-statement-regard-trevor-sinclair

Seems fair enough, they are condemning his actions and saying that he shoud know better. What else are they supposed to say?

Or is this just another "white people search for loopholes that might make racism more acceptable" thread?

PistoldPete2
50 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Seems fair enough, they are condemning his actions and saying that he shoud know better. What else are they supposed to say?

Or is this just another "white people search for loopholes that might make racism more acceptable" thread?

I agree that what the kick it out people say is fine.

But really , getting drunk, getting in a car , running over a lady and then calling the policeman who arrests you racist whilst making abusive racist comments yourself is as far from acceptable as you can get.  

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I agree that what the kick it out people say is fine.

But really , getting drunk, getting in a car , running over a lady and then calling the policeman who arrests you racist whilst making abusive racist comments yourself is as far from acceptable as you can get.  

Indeed, and it has been dealt with according to law. Interesting that he himself had been subject to racist behaviour in the restaurant beforehand. I wonder if that person was dealt with too?

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

You are questioning people's motives of asking what an anti racism organisation within football has to say about an ex footballer being charged with racism? Wonder if that would be the case if the race of the people involved were the other way around?

Archived