Rules you would change in football

sage

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Rolling it under arm? That wound be allowed under the suggested rule change of "let them throw it in any way they like as long as only their hands touch the ball" 

That would kick up a stink.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spanish said:

so you want a different rule for long throws compared with short ones?

Not sure how you've got that from my post? My rule is the same regardless - you should be able to throw the ball in any manner you see fit to suit the situation, as long as you don't go over the line and use only your hand/s to release the ball.

4 hours ago, GadFly said:

Rolling it under arm? That wound be allowed under the suggested rule change of "let them throw it in any way they like as long as only their hands touch the ball" 

Absolutely! You wouldn't restrict a goalkeeper to only be allowed to throw the ball over-arm would you? If a player wants to do a triple somersault before throwing the ball, let them! Bounce it onto the ground and over an opponent's head, spin around in a circle like a hammer thrower, serve it up like a tennis ball before punching it back into play, they're all fine too. I can't see a downside!

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Not sure how you've got that from my post? My rule is the same regardless - you should be able to throw the ball in any manner you see fit to suit the situation, as long as you don't go over the line and use only your hand/s to release the ball.

Absolutely! You wouldn't restrict a goalkeeper to only be allowed to throw the ball over-arm would you? If a player wants to do a triple somersault before throwing the ball, let them! Bounce it onto the ground and over an opponent's head, spin around in a circle like a hammer thrower, serve it up like a tennis ball before punching it back into play, they're all fine too. I can't see a downside!

I remember seeing that sort of head spring throw where the ball was projected 50 m or more.  No it is a good rule but should be enforced properly including taking it from where it went out.  The idea is to restrict the possibilities, might as well turn it into an indirect free kick if you muck about with it too much

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Scrap the video replay...before it gets a hold on the game. Totally ridiculous. https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/27/15448324/fifa-world-cup-video-replay-2018-football-soccer

I dont think its ready yet, not for this years World Cup.

Irrelevant anyway as the Russia will win the World Cup, either by bribing or threatening the referees.

If a player gets booked for time wasting an extra minute on the game should be added for every booking -unless the the side who have been doing the time wasting happen to have conceded and gone behind prior to these additional time wasting minutes.

Its always bugged me as well that you could play a team - they get 4 yellow cards in a game but the players still see out the match . These yellow cards might trigger a ban for the following weeks match and a close competitor could get the benefit and hammer them 4-0.  Maybe 3 yellows in a game should see that team lose a player for 15 minutes instead .

14 hours ago, TimRam said:

Scrap the video replay...before it gets a hold on the game. Totally ridiculous. https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/27/15448324/fifa-world-cup-video-replay-2018-football-soccer

football, particularly in this country is unable to say no to anything, once something comes about it just trys to go with it.... there doesnt seem to be anyone in the FA, prem league, or EFL who has the balls to say no.. this isnt working, let change it.

17 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If a player gets booked for time wasting an extra minute on the game should be added for every booking -unless the the side who have been doing the time wasting happen to have conceded and gone behind prior to these additional time wasting minutes.

Its always bugged me as well that you could play a team - they get 4 yellow cards in a game but the players still see out the match . These yellow cards might trigger a ban for the following weeks match and a close competitor could get the benefit and hammer them 4-0.  Maybe 3 yellows in a game should see that team lose a player for 15 minutes instead .

Sin bin 5 minutes for first yellow, then sent off!

Archived