Christmas is rubbish football isn’t

WystonRam

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Tomorrow is massive ...

URC? (Not meant as you would first think)

Oops,just realised you might have first thought what I actually meant (so see the bolding)

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby have generally had decent results over the festive period for the past few seasons. Seems at least 7 points from the four matches before the FA cup tie.

Where we struggle is usually January/February time.

Hopefully, we are more resolute Bris.

Truly believe that we have some stronger personalities this time.

A few weeks back we had just about broken into the top 6 and had a massive game against Reading. Looked winnable. Everyone fired up....lost....and yet here we are.

The Boxing day game feels massive, but it isn't worth any more points than 45 others. Keep the faith...win lose or draw.

Emboldened by our recent form I was bigging up our automatic promotion chances to my brother in law, a Leeds fan. Look, says he, it's Derby, they'll **** the course. Ouch! It knocked me back a little bit but all the while I'm thinking to myself, not this time. This time things are different. They are, aren't they? 

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby have generally had decent results over the festive period for the past few seasons. Seems at least 7 points from the four matches before the FA cup tie.

Where we struggle is usually January/February time.

All true so let’s collect the points we can and not do the stupid things in January that seem to have big effects on us in February and March and have no major injuries and it could be a good very interesting 

5 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Emboldened by our recent form I was bigging up our automatic promotion chances to my brother in law, a Leeds fan. Look, says he, it's Derby, they'll **** the course. Ouch! It knocked me back a little bit but all the while I'm thinking to myself, not this time. This time things are different. They are, aren't they? 

Yes I believe they are and it would annoy lots of red dogs and weeds if it proves to be

55 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

2 consecutive away games at this time of year is annoying though, we can’t all travel. But looking on the bright side I don’t automatically think it means no points any more just because we’re away :)

We have just had a nice run of home games where other supporters question how Derby are at home again ?

Archived