Oxford Street Incident & Virgin Trains

Wolfie

That was a weird one last Friday.

Mrs Wolfie & best mate were in Selfridges on Oxford Street when it all kicked off on Friday afternoon. Along with many other people, they heard gunshots and panicked. They were ejected from the store by Selfridges staff and then went running up Oxford Street past other shops closing their doors. They finally managed to get into H&M - whose staff were apparently fantastic with all of the terrified shoppers.

Loads of witnesses claimed to have heard gunshots both on the street and in the station, even if the police found "no evidence" of it. Mrs Wolfie is ex-army and was adamant on Saturday that she knew what she heard. It made me wonder if it could have been some elaborate drill by the authorities in preparation for a real attack. There's a limit to the level of human behaviour that you can model on a computer I suppose.

Anyway, special mention must go to Virgin Trains (East Coast), who get a lot of bad press. Despite having tickets for Hull Trains services only, Virgin allowed the pair to get on their train for free - as most people had missed the earlier one & they just said "Get on the train and get home".

Hull trains themselves, on the other hand, wanted to charge them £154 each for a new ticket because they'd missed the train they should have caught.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Mrs Wolfie & best mate were in Selfridges on Oxford Street when it all kicked off on Friday afternoon. Along with many other people, they heard gunshots and panicked. They were ejected from the store by Selfridges staff and then went running up Oxford Street past other shops closing their doors. They finally managed to get into H&M - whose staff were apparently fantastic with all of the terrified shoppers.

Loads of witnesses claimed to have heard gunshots both on the street and in the station, even if the police found "no evidence" of it. Mrs Wolfie is ex-army and was adamant on Saturday that she knew what she heard. It made me wonder if it could have been some elaborate drill by the authorities in preparation for a real attack. There's a limit to the level of human behaviour that you can model on a computer I suppose.

Anyway, special mention must go to Virgin Trains (East Coast), who get a lot of bad press. Despite having tickets for Hull Trains services only, Virgin allowed the pair to get on their train for free - as most people had missed the earlier one & they just said "Get on the train and get home".

Hull trains themselves, on the other hand, wanted to charge them £154 each for a new ticket because they'd missed the train they should have caught.

I would definately contact the press about that, its the sort of thing that should be made public and it might make them change their policy in future.

16 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

You could have got Mrs Wolfie to slap Olly Murs @Wolfie

She did see him in there & was really pleased because she always complains that it's always me who sees celebs when we're out in London & she never normally does.

I haven't seen all his tweets & maybe he went a bit over the top but he was only hearing the same "gunshots" that loads of other people did. Mrs Wolfie said everyone was proper cacking themselves - as I would be.

On 27/11/2017 at 10:27, Wolfie said:

Nice of Selfridges to put their customers into a potentially dangerous situation by throwing them out into the street from where gun shots had been heard. Should have just locked the doors and kept everyone safer inside the shop. Probably more concerned about lawsuits if things went wrong than the safety of the public.

Archived