Luke Thomas and Charles vernam

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

I thought rowett said somewhere both would be in today's squad ?

He actually said Thomas would be in the squad and Vernam was travelling with the squad...turns out neither make the bench. Makes all the fanfare from the articles earlier in the week look a bit silly.

V Leicester U23 we have to endure watching bent and Anya - boy are those two rubbish - instead of Thomas Zanzala and Vernam. If they aren’t gonna make the bench I’d rather they play U23s and just shelve players who are gonna be moved on. But whatever 

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

V Leicester U23 we have to endure watching bent and Anya - boy are those two rubbish - instead of Thomas Zanzala and Vernam. If they aren’t gonna make the bench I’d rather they play U23s and just shelve players who are gonna be moved on. But whatever 

Haven't you just proved that. These kids are around the first team squad, match day squad and possible selection, Anya and bent are not.

Clear message from rowett there I think to anya and bent.

15 minutes ago, KBB said:

Why? Baird has done nothing wrong at all.

Because you should pick your best side.

wisdom has also done well, and needs to settle in. He is better defensively than baird.

it shows indecisiveness and timidness

Just now, RamNut said:

wisdom has also done well, and needs to settle in. He is better defensively than baird.

Really? I respect that, but baird has done nothing wrong defensively at all and his passing and crossing in the final third is excellent.

Maybe rowett is just making sure wisdom is 100%?

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Quite a bold statement to make without us having all the facts.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Or loyalty and respect to players, and a savvy way of ensuring genuine competition for places and motivating people.

I can see both sides. If we win and Baird plays well again, great call. Baird has a stinker and we get hammered, bad call. 

32 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

He actually said Thomas would be in the squad and Vernam was travelling with the squad...turns out neither make the bench. Makes all the fanfare from the articles earlier in the week look a bit silly.

Rowett-not-doing-what-he-is-saying - shocker. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Rowett-not-doing-what-he-is-saying - shocker. :lol:

Did Rowett say he was going to pick them on the bench?  All I heard/read is that they are travelling with the squad.  Presumably that means they would be available for selection if need be.  Another example of people looking for issues that don't exist?

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Did Rowett say he was going to pick them on the bench?  All I heard/read is that they are travelling with the squad.  Presumably that means they would be available for selection if need be.  Another example of people looking for issues that don't exist?

Rowett said they were both going to start and score hattricks each. Didn't you hear?

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Really? I respect that, but baird has done nothing wrong defensively at all and his passing and crossing in the final third is excellent.

Maybe rowett is just making sure wisdom is 100%?

Wisdom wasn't injured. 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Quite a bold statement to make without us having all the facts.

True.

brought up listening to cloughy who had the same argument with sam longson.

Cloughy said we would change a winning side if he could make it better.

Archived