Luke Thomas and Charles vernam

MackworthRamIsGod

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can see the logic in Thomas waiting and playing against Ipswich, but I think it was such a wasted week for them to train and then play no competitive football.

I'm sure Rowett knows what he is doing.

The experience of them traveling with the squad and getting used to the environment is perhaps better than any U23s game. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

The experience of them traveling with the squad and getting used to the environment is perhaps better than any U23s game. 

Exactly this. It's still a huge thing for an U23 player to be in the travelling party and will make them more accustomed to it and less in awe when it's their turn to don the first team shirt. And that turn will come.

With the U23s doing so well and the first team steadily climbing the table, Gary's got a selection headache, but at the same time the whole club will be uzzing which can only be good.

We all know we have far too many players at the club, with a huge senior squad and then a bunch of very talented youngsters. Given that I think Rowett is doing a very good job of keeping everyone satisfied and competing for places.

Archived