Water quality

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird you mention it, I've noticed that recently.

Whenever I've come home from uni (Birmingham), I've notice how bad the tap water is at home than in Brum. It's tastes really chemical heavy, is cloudy and seems to be a bit stale. Not sure if it's our house because we live on a new estate, might have something to do with it but I've definitely noticed it recently.

But, weirdly, the tap water in Birmingham is genuinely really good quality. Comes from the Welsh valleys and we don't really have the heating on in my house so it's always cold. Maybe it's my parents actually paying the heating bill that's the problem?

42 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Explain it to me.

It comes from ladybower area, piped down in a big bog off pipe and fills the underground res’s on the way. Ambergate being up stream of drum hill.

Derbyshire feeds watter to Nottingham and Leicester. We need to find where it leaves the county and pee in it.

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Just had a quick read up @Boycie and the reservoir is a lot bigger than just serving a small area. It supplies the East Midlands I suppose it depends if it has been commissioned yet.

It’s a facinating read, a big piece of engineering that was laid years ago, they recon if the aqueduct did spring a leak it would send a jet of water 100’s of feet into the air. 

it’s got great head apparently.

6 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Is it just me or has the quality of the tap water in these parts declined?

For the last couple of weeks ive noticed a slight smell and taste to the water (kind of sewagey)

Its only very slight and is probably safe but annoying all the same.

Its probably just a bit of s**** which has got into the system

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It comes from ladybower area, piped down in a big bog off pipe and fills the underground res’s on the way. Ambergate being up stream of drum hill.

Derbyshire feeds watter to Nottingham and Leicester. We need to find where it leaves the county and pee in it.

Yeah somewhere near the M1 will be far enough.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just a guess, but you may want to try near the border. 

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It’s a facinating read, a big piece of engineering that was laid years ago, they recon if the aqueduct did spring a leak it would send a jet of water 100’s of feet into the air. 

it’s got great head apparently.

I've seen it blow in Chatsworth park. I thought someone had moved the fountain. 

Archived