Style v Substance

Results v Performance  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

I expected an interesting opinion article about why McClaren had to go, but it is just explaining that McClaren has left Derby and gives us quotes from Mel that everyone has read. McClaren had one bad run of form and was sacked because Mel's mate Rowett was gaining interest from clubs like Norwich at the time. 

Just now, DC-1975 said:

I wasn't around for the 2 title winning sides, but my Dad tells me that Mackays team was more entertaining than Cloughs.  If so, why did so many fans want Clough back.

Ultimately more successful ?

Dave team had flair with Charlie and Franny. 

Brians team often dug it out. 

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

That says it all mate . 

3-3 is what rocks you’re boat against Rotherham.

Last 10 minutes exciting the rest was poor and I was shouting my support from behind the goal. Prior to that the fans were not happy. 

Well if losing 4-1 to Bristol City rocks your boat

That says it all.

No minutes were exciting. I was shouting my support. Prior to that the fans were not happy

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because it’s clouding the view. Just as Brian Clough did for years at Forest and Derby after he left. 

What view? That you have to play boring negative hoofball to win games? 

I suppose it is. Yeah, I don't think you do. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well if losing 4-1 to Bristol City rocks your boat

That says it all.

No minutes were exciting. I was shouting my support. Prior to that the fans were not happy

Bad day at the office that 4-1 that’s why Rowett changed his approach away from mome. 

18 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seems to be a debate here regarding our performances.

The way I see it we are in the top six and results are good. Given that we have played decent football for a few seasons and got nowhere I can live with the change in style if it gets results. I get the impression a good amount of people on here do not agree and I am curious to see what the split is.

It's nice to be getting the results, but performances would need to improve in the long term to achieve promotion. 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

The infatuation some fans have with Ajax type total football learned by McClaren at FC Twente ?

So there's 2 types of football. Ajax and Rowett style.

Which type was Jim Smith and George Burley? 

The infatuation? Which fans keep bringing him up first?

1 hour ago, DC-1975 said:

I wasn't around for the 2 title winning sides, but my Dad tells me that Mackays team was more entertaining than Cloughs.  If so, why did so many fans want Clough back.

Ultimately more successful ?

There was general feeling that although Dave Mackay brought in a number of exceptional players to add to Clough's squad, success wasn't necessarily going to last...it didn't!

Archived