Holiday Plans - 2018

Mostyn6

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Anyone been to Malaysia/India/Singapore/Indonesia? 

Been to India and Bali for work. Hated the time in India, but Bali is perhaps my favourite ever destination. 

Taking the old man to the Masters in April next year, which will be an amazing treat for us both. 

52 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

All of our plans are round my eldest,some of you will understand.

In the next 12 months he(and various family formations)are going to Ibiza,Las Vegas,New York finishing up with a winter stay to Sunshine/Gold Coast.

I’ve promised him an Amsterdam visit as well.

England are playing in Amsterdam in March so if you want to ruin the experience you could incorporate the match into the trip :lol:

16 hours ago, sage said:

Going to cheat and include the rest of this year

Dec - 1 week in Cape Verde just me

Feb HT - 5 days in Malaga with the lad

Mar/Apr - 2 weeks in New Zealand with cricket mates

May - Dalyan. Turkey just me

July - Venice then trains around the Alps with the lad

Aug/Sept - A week driving from Normandy to Ardennes/Belgium/Dunkirk , WW2 in reverse with the lad

Oct/Nov - A week or 2 in Sri Lanka with cricket mates

Ok so let's try a different question ,what's your work plans for 2018 ?

17 hours ago, sage said:

Going to cheat and include the rest of this year

Dec - 1 week in Cape Verde just me

Feb HT - 5 days in Malaga with the lad

Mar/Apr - 2 weeks in New Zealand with cricket mates

May - Dalyan. Turkey just me

July - Venice then trains around the Alps with the lad

Aug/Sept - A week driving from Normandy to Ardennes/Belgium/Dunkirk , WW2 in reverse with the lad

Oct/Nov - A week or 2 in Sri Lanka with cricket mates

I really fancy one of those War tours.

15 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I really fancy one of those War tours.

Land at the D Day beaches (Portsmouth to Caen ferry) do all that stuff, drive to Rouen with a day in Paris by train. Drive to the Ardennes do the Bastogne  (Battle of the Bulge) museum, up to Arnhem (bridge too far) back through Namur and Dinant to Totes, do some WW1 stuff (done most already) retreat via Dunkirk (good museum) to Blighty.

27 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Another nice trip is Bruges take the Dover -Calais ferry and do the WW1 sites including Ypres on the way.

It is so easy to organise it yourself without going on a tour. Near Ypres there are museums, trenches, craters, memorials and the site of the Christmas Day Truce.

21 minutes ago, sage said:

It is so easy to organise it yourself without going on a tour. Near Ypres there are museums, trenches, craters, memorials and the site of the Christmas Day Truce.

Yep ,I just book an hotel in Bruges have an over night B&B in Dover early ferry and off we go it's a nice easy drive from Calais to Bruges .

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Yep ,I just book an hotel in Bruges have an over night B&B in Dover early ferry and off we go it's a nice easy drive from Calais to Bruges .

I have started staying Folkstone and using the Tunnel. Much better, especially outside of summer.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I would never get my missus through the tunnel so stuck with the ferry I'm afraid.

It's so easy. Just sit in your car. On a train. In a tunnel. Under 100m of ocean. 

Ghent is quite a nice place too. Going to try Southern Belgium in the summer.

Archived