Keogh Ledley Vydra update

DEL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answers a few questions about Vydra from the weekend, his first call up in a while for the Czech wasn’t it?

Feet up for a couple weeks with Jeremy Kyle on will hopefully see him back for Fulham, could invite Keogh round for a cuppa. 

42 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Spoonerism alert - "A kick in the possession-based warm-up ahead of Saturday’s game against Reading exasperated the injury".

I think he/she means "exacerbated the injury".

It may have exasperated the fans.

That's not a spoonerism.

Spooner would be gurning in his trave.

16 hours ago, David said:

I know my Czech!

42E2E346-3012-4D56-8CD0-9EEFC49E2719.png

Aha - I see your e-translator and raise you an a Czech alphabet pronunciation guide.

Czech Alphabet    English Sound            Pronunciation Example

C c                                  ts                                  ts like in the word bits

So for the word in Czech to sound like the English version it would either have to be spelt "kuppa" with a funny accent on the a, or chuppa.

Why do I know this stuff? because I once had a Czech mate. Pointless pedantry of the day? :lol:

31 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Aha - I see your e-translator and raise you an a Czech alphabet pronunciation guide.

C c                                  ts                                  ts like in the word bits

So for the word in Czech to sound like the English version it would either have to be spelt "kuppa" with a funny accent on the a, or chuppa.

Why do I know this stuff? because I once had a Czech mate. Pointless pedantry of the day? :lol:

Czech mate. Well played.

47 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nejste velká nebo chytrá, teď si přiklopíte konvici!

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Not that hot at chess,eh,Hants? :D

Archived