Dear Uncle Mel (v2.0)

Mostyn6

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

How are you @ramblur? Your pecker seems up, are the figures keeping you fit at the mo mate? ?

Afraid the chest is pretty bad,which isn't good heading into the winter (which I'm now dreading),but thanks for asking.On the figures front,I restrict myself to things that aren't too taxing these days.It appears you misunderstood something I said about Sevco some time back.The bit about management changes costs (extracted from Sevco) was simple,and I knew I wasn't going to have to field many questions about it.

To try and clear up the Sevco situation,these accounts (compared to DCFC) are quite complex,and I could well see that any financial layperson type fans that looked at them might start asking technical questions,which I'm just not up to answering,the way I feel,because it'd take paragraphs to do properly.An example would be 'why is the loss in the Sevco consolidated accounts so much higher than the DCFC loss?' Now there may be a one line answer,but explaining the answer is the thing that would take paragraphs.I'm not holding back info from anyone.

On 29/09/2017 at 16:29, cheron85 said:

I think whilst the post came across as a bit condescending - Especially the unnecessary use of long words to 'showcase his intelligence' - I don't think he was trying to suggest people aren't allowed an opinion

I think he was suggesting that someone with experience in those fields might have a better understanding of the position Morris is in - Where the rest of us form our opinions from a position of relative ignorance - I've certainly never run a football club or my own business and I don't know the legal processes which the club will be going through post-Rush-sacking - Which is partly why I choose to hedge my opinions on those matters

For the record I am in a b******* based career with a smattering of b******* knowledge

(I might end all my posts like that from now on)

Thank you - exactly what I meant

My response was a bit emotive as I was reacting to the "you are not very bright post" which I thought was a bit condescending itself.

On 30/09/2017 at 14:03, Moist One said:

are you for real? So let me get this straight, only Actors can talk about films, only Chefs can talk about food, only footballers can talk about football, only fashion designers can talk about Clothes, only musicians can talk about music? Absolute b*******. I have no entitlement, but as a lifelong paying supporter of Derby County, I am qualified to voice an opinion. shame you cannot read properly, you'd see that I mention Mel being a successful business man, but i believe he is running this club emotively and not professionally.

I am for real, I apologise if I upset you.

I think you have got totally the wrong end of the stick, Of course you have an entitlement. I was worried that some of what you were saying was near the line and possibly not the best informed opinion.

To explain it using your examples I eat food, but cannot cook, therefore would not dream of telling the chef how he should do it.

I never meant to offend you and hopefully did not say anything incorrect.

For the record I can read

On 29/09/2017 at 13:51, Angry Ram said:

Ooooh get you.. So the original poster is not entitled to voice/write an opinion unless he has a ''financial based career with a smattering of business law knowledge''? Audacity FFS.. 

I do however defend your right to look a bit of a plonker.. 

Not what I intended

Thanks for defending that right for me - looks like I really do need it though

ooops

46 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Thank you - exactly what I meant

My response was a bit emotive as I was reacting to the "you are not very bright post" which I thought was a bit condescending itself.

33 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I am for real, I apologise if I upset you.

I think you have got totally the wrong end of the stick, Of course you have an entitlement. I was worried that some of what you were saying was near the line and possibly not the best informed opinion.

To explain it using your examples I eat food, but cannot cook, therefore would not dream of telling the chef how he should do it.

I never meant to offend you and hopefully did not say anything incorrect.

For the record I can read

if you carried on reading, you will see that I gave that poster a full response to the nonsense in his post. I know what I know, whether it's misguided or misinformed, we don't know yet.

Fair Enough

I was concerned at this definition of "breach of fiduciary duties"

On 27/09/2017 at 09:01, Moist One said:

against an accusation of what surmises as "spending the club's money trying to improve the club"... Hmmm.

when these kind of phrases are used I figure it is pretty serious and there are things none of us know yet!

Archived