derby need to fight

B4ev6is

Hey if any derby players reading this at this moment in time. We need to win that battle in midfield that is why we are losing away from home. But also against wovles and shiffield untied against teams with pace. Maybe try a new formation 352 so maybe this way we wont get out numbered as easy. 

You need to find your own fighting spirt but that means wearing that shirt with pride and not hinding in it. Maybe watch ex derby players acted when backs against the wall.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209772

Derby County manager Gary Rowett:

"From the start we failed to match Bristol's intensity or handle their forward play. At half-time I told the players they would need to do much better because we had ridden our luck to be in front.

"Bristol played well, but I felt sorry for our travelling fans and the only message I want to get to them is how disappointed I am with the performance.

"I'm incredibly disappointed and a little bit embarrassed."

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

in your lifetime B4, there are probably only a handful of Derby players who knew how to react properly when under the cosh. It's not as easy as it sounds.

True.

But if we have a team that seems to cave when faced with adversity we have a problem. When we play Leeds-Wolves-Cardiff will we be 'under the cosh'? I think so.

Everyone has tough days at work - what do you do? 'React properly' (as you rightly say :)), or as  B4 says 'fight'.

We can play 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 5-5, 3-3-3-1, 4-3-3, whatever. Got to scrap.

I came from a working class background,and only academic ability (that came from somewhere or other) saved me from the factory life etc that befell some of my mates.I worked in a factory as a student,and got my head down and grafted,but remember thinking what it must be like to have this to 'look forward' to for the rest of your working life.During the footie season those mates slaved away all week in their boring,repetitive jobs looking forward to what were no doubt 2 of the highlights of their weeks-the Friday night out,followed by watching their heroes,home and away.They didn't earn much,and a fair proportion would have gone on these pursuits.

Although we don't know the wages of players,we can all have a go at adding up the imagined weekly wages of those who featured on Saturday (and other occasions like it).You'll find they were paid a staggering amount for their performance. OK,you could argue they have to be paid for training,but what those lads I mentioned wouldn't give to desert the factories and put in a few days of football training (for that same factory pay). How galling it must have been for any such lads (and lasses) to have traveled to Bristol to watch that limp performance (and to all the other fans,of course).

The 15/16 accounts showed that our group of performers (because that's what they are,they're in the entertainment business) were paid more than the total income their performances brought in,and that's before you even consider the millions of pounds of expenses other than wages. 

The hangover's long gone,but I just find myself getting madder and madder the more I think about it. We're probably stuck with our midfield problems because of the 'Keith' misfortune/debacle. I don't like the idea of free agents who'll be nowhere near match fit (and why are they still free agents -not much kop,or just mercenaries wanting more than clubs are willing to pay,just what we need).I can't see any 2 from Thorne,Huddlestone and Johnson being the answer,and feel our only hope is that Guy might come good,but that's a big big ask,though he might at least show a willingness (indeed relish) to fight,tackle and get in opponent's faces.

Can't see a great deal we can do about midfield,but is it really too much to ask them to graft for 90+x minutes, when those who help pay their wages have to slave away all week?Here I sit,feeling jealous of Bristol City's fans.Where's that bottle gone.(and the other one).

TH isn't the kind of player you use every game, he can only play in games where you press, play a higher line.e.g Hull.

He and Johnson are not holding players, haven't got the pace or energy.

Is Rowett reluctant to drop TH because he's his signing ? or the fact we've got no replacement? always thought it to be a strange signing, just the kind of player we didn't need. He's too limited. 

Rowett is critical of his players lack of fight, but he learned nothing from the sheff u game.

Midfield gets over run, defence gets exposed. So they play deeper and deeper losing contact with the forwards. so the only option is to lump it forward. 

Derby cant play 4 forwards away from home, they need to crowd midfield to cover up their inadequacies. 

at the moment the players know their fighting a losing battle away from home, so heads drop.

Rowett should look to himself if he wants to be critical.

He hasn't got the players to play in the system he uses away from home. 

Archived