DIY Jobs that do your head in

Angry Ram

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If you're deffo having a dish washer, then take the hammer to the cabinet.

Trouble is though, if there's any pipework on the wall behind the existing unit and you won't get the built in washer far enough back.

look behind the hinges of the units either side, it's a secret screwing point into the next unit. (Don't tell anyone though, it's a secret.)

I’ll look later, TVs on

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything that you are told will be a 5 minute job. 4 hours later....

People probably wouldn't try DIY for small jobs if they didn't fear asking someone out to do it to find out that while doing it they have discovered something else which you have no option but to agree too because they are currently half way through the job and know you can't have it left half finished. 

16 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Putting up curtain rails.. Have a nightmare every time, always some steel lintel or something that means I cannot drill into the wall without some sort of industrial drill.  Arghhhhh. :angry:

TVs on walls... Okay do you go by the spirit level and get it perfectly straight, only for it to look wonky because the building is not perfect. Then you end up doing it by eye but it just feels wrong. Always feel TV's on walls in unnatural, too high normally and uncomfortable.

I moved into a house with a bay window. You want to try and put up a curtain rail in them. Four years on an I dare her to say she wants to change the curtains. 

TV's on walls...I can remember having a day off work to put one up. It wasn't the fittings it was the wall. The plaster board was studded onto the blocks that were made of some crumbly ash stuff. Then the cavity and the outside brick. I ended up getting an extra long drill bit and screws. When the father in law came round to take the piss he said I had some new hooks to put some hanging baskets up on. He nearly got the drill through his head.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, David said:

?.....Take me another few months now to drill a hole in to fit the plug through to the other side where the socket is. 

IMG_0016.jpg

Don't you need a water supply and a drain or are you going to let it drain into the garden like the guy from Mickleover did with his s****.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Don't you need a water supply and a drain or are you going to let it drain into the garden like the guy from Mickleover did with his s****.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

A mate who knows something about electrics would put a socket in for you. You would have thought they would anyway.

Cupboard to the left, just need a stick a couple of holes in the side to stick the plug and pipes through.

5773487C-F3B7-4EA2-9B3F-58E86AA3A215.jpeg

3EE08667-D4D6-4F26-B6C6-923A946ED899.jpeg

A963DF90-4AAB-4633-B9E9-56609610607F.jpeg

Archived