An interesting poll - Keep or Sell

Jack Willow

2 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Didn't Carson pick up all of the player of the year awards just a few months ago ?

I'm not sure that you can describe that consistent vote of appreciation as 'hype'

Of course I respect your opinion G star but to me  Carson wins us loads of points every season with his incredible saves. We haven't had this since Poom. 

Don't think there are too many goalkeepers who dominate the penalty area in this era - bit of a myth borne out of the old days. Too much physicality, tactical positioning  and skulduggery for that to happen nowadays. 

And maybe Tom Ince would disagree with the distribution comment - wasn't too bad against the Blues 

Yes I think you are right re the awards but even last season I thought it was a strange decision. 

I actually think he gets off lightly with blame always placed on the defence. 

How often when we are under the cosh at the end do you ever see him relieve us of any pressure?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I like my forwards to score and create goals often. Especially record signings.

That 'record signing' tag hangs like a weight around his neck. Fortunately he only has to wear it for another 24 hours.

What's weird about a number of our players, is that they can be either fantastic, or completely useless depending on the manager playing them. Gives me a lot of respect for someone like Keogh or Carson, who has been pretty consistent regardless of who they're playing under. That said, their role doesn't change a great deal with formation adjustments. 

Sell butterfield, give Shackell away, sell Russell, or loan him, if needs be. I would also look to sell Johnson and Anya, but wouldn't be disappointed if they stuck around. One more winger, A robust defensive midfield and an attacking midfield, similar to Alberto Bueno please!!

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Does it say anywhere how many people have voted (I suspect very, very few so far which would distort the results.

I would think it could be at least 500 because there are differences of 0.1% between adjacent results.

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I would think it could be at least 500 because there are differences of 0.1% between adjacent results.

A reasonable number but still not a lot  out of our 20000 regulars. Plus, I wonder how many of those that voted go to games. 

Essentially, a bit of fun (unless you're one of those players supporters "don't want") but shouldn't be taken too seriously or necessarily considered a true reflection of the majority.

10 minutes ago, WoollyJumper said:

Am I right in saying Tom Lawrence's name's not on the list?

Either the poll is a bit old, or he's been forgotten about already.

New acquisitions - hudds Lawrence wisdom - deliberately not included I think

Archived