An interesting poll - Keep or Sell

Jack Willow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Great another thread to give ninos a chance to slate martin, just what we need. Sure the Russell slating from topram and curtains won't be far behind.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Interesting that more people would keep Mitchell than Carson

Think I am one of the few that doesn't get the hype around Carson. 

Decent shot stopper but stays on his line too much for me, does not command his area at all which doesn't give the defenders much confidence, hence panic whenever crosses come in.

Distribution very hit and miss.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, David said:

Well you’re posting online now so clearly not a real supporter

He must be, he's spoken to all the real supporters who think martin is crap by all accounts.

1 minute ago, David said:

Well you’re posting online now so clearly not a real supporter

I'm irrelevant but obviously although a lot of Derby fans do look on here the massive majority don't post do they. So you have a few martin obsessed or Bryson obsessed or whoever and they're on here but martin is totally overcooked here and I'd venture to suggest that Bryson is massively more popular than Martin among the general fanbase. Just one example. 

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I disagree, whilst his fee was very hefty he's one of few who actually look the business. More so since GR arrived at the back end of last season. If he stays fit this season and plays the majority I'd back him to score a decent return. 

I find it pretty crazy he's 39% ahead of Martin and even crazier, 30% ahead of Keogh. Both are significantly more proven at this level and Keogh has been by miles our best player this season. If anything this poll just goes to demonstrate the inherent biases a large portion of our fan base hold and how they won't be swayed regardless.

Just now, Paul71 said:

He must be, he's spoken to all the real supporters who think martin is crap by all accounts.

I never understand statements like these unless someone has spoke to 25k fans at the ground. 

All my mates don’t rate him so it’s just you lot online that do. 

Blah. 

Weak way of trying to add weight to someone’s opinion. 

In my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Simsy said:

48% would sell the wardrobe!  That shocked me as it's only about 5% of us that don't rate him on here.

I bet the majority of those are Ninos and Toddy refreshing the page over and over to revote.

51 minutes ago, Simsy said:

48% would sell the wardrobe!  That shocked me as it's only about 5% of us that don't rate him on here.

It might be more than 5% on here, but we...  Err... I mean "they"... might be reluctant to put their heads above the parapet 

Just now, Ninos said:

True but you have to admit his confidence in front of goal has been in tatters

Funny how you're willing to give a less proven striker the benefit of the doubt due to confidence yet with Martin, a striker with a significantly better record at this level you destroy him at every opportunity.

Run a poll like this after ever game and those results will swing heavily. 

Wasnt long ago most wanted Weimann out, had a decent game v Preston and was in everyone’s Bolton team. 

Had Martin scored a hat trick on Saturday, no way would that be so high. He’s out of favour right now which means sell him.

Bit rubbish polls are unless they are Haribo polls.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I never understand statements like these unless someone has spoke to 25k fans at the ground. 

All my mates don’t rate him so it’s just you lot online that do. 

Blah. 

Weak way of trying to add weight to someone’s opinion. 

In my opinion.

Fair enough but if I hear it at the match or on the way to the match or at the pub or at the ticket office then it's more weight to me than what I see online. But my response was a way of validating this 50% want him gone poll we just saw ... I don't think all of a sudden martin is disliked and we have fickle fans. That's ridiculous. I think almost all derby fans know his game and see it for what it is these days - mostly ineffective.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Run a poll like this after ever game and those results will swing heavily. 

Wasnt long ago most wanted Weimann out, had a decent game v Preston and was in everyone’s Bolton team. 

Had Martin scored a hat trick on Saturday, no way would that be so high. He’s out of favour right now which means sell him.

Bit rubbish polls are unless they are Haribo polls.

I disagree with that - they may swing a bit but not that heavily. You've been the biggest Weimann fan on here and frankly what do you really see? A hard working runner? He can't do much with a football, David. So for this league he's pretty average at best isn't he? He was in everyone's team because our choice is russell Anya Bennett and martin - all non impact players so it's eeny meeny 

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's real supporters not online posters. Most real ones I've met dont rate him much and in the best case the ones that rate him admit that he's useless except in one system. Chickens have come home to roost.

Funny that because most real ones I've met really rate Chris Martin. I think that probably says more about the differences between diverse friendship/fan groupings than anything. 

I mean I don't go out of my way to ignore people who disagree with me about Martin, I just don't speak to them again! :lol:

7 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Funny how you're willing to give a less proven striker the benefit of the doubt due to confidence yet with Martin, a striker with a significantly better record at this level you destroy him at every opportunity.

I'm not high on any of our strikers to be totally blunt. You could piece together a good attack with Vydra and Nugent I guess but they gotta be firing - with our existing lineup how exactly is martin gonna come good?

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

True but you have to admit his confidence in front of goal has been in tatters

Don't get me wrong, it's refreshing to read a player getting backing and praise despite not really having an impact since arriving 12 months ago for a record fee. It's heartwarming. 

Just a shame that cheaper players we've signed who've contributed a lot more can't be afforded the same. 

Martin for example.

Archived