Sign in to follow this  
Jourdan

The not invincible Man City discussion

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Most decent teams have four decent wide players. City only had three last year, meant when one got injured they had little options.

I’m not really a Mahrez fan but they definitely had reason to bring in another wide man.

60 million for a player that isn't likely to start. That is ludicrous money Bris. I know you will defend City and Pep no matter what, but Mahrez isn't better than Sterling or Sane, why couldn't they put a youth player in as the extra man, or sign someone with potential? 

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Most decent teams have four decent wide players. City only had three last year, meant when one got injured they had little options.

I’m not really a Mahrez fan but they definitely had reason to bring in another wide man.

Why not give young Patrick Roberts a chance? Talk of him going to Leicester for £10m, save yourself £50m. Might not make the grade, but how will he know without trying him, after all.....

9d1eca817765126c1d765fd538922a12.jpg

1 hour ago, David said:

Why not give young Patrick Roberts a chance? Talk of him going to Leicester for £10m, save yourself £50m. Might not make the grade, but how will he know without trying him, after all.....

9d1eca817765126c1d765fd538922a12.jpg

Patrick Roberts isn’t good enough. He’s closer to Tom Lawrence’s level than he is City’s first-team.

I agree in that it would be nice for them to bring youth players through, but they have to be good enough. You can’t just play anybody to try and make a point.

City aspire to be at Barca or Real Madrid’s level. Those clubs have sold far better youth players such as Thiago and Morata than Patrick Roberts over the past couple of years.

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

60 million for a player that isn't likely to start. That is ludicrous money Bris. I know you will defend City and Pep no matter what, but Mahrez isn't better than Sterling or Sane, why couldn't they put a youth player in as the extra man, or sign someone with potential? 

He may not start if City have all their best players available, but he’ll still get games.

If City had bought him for £30m, then would that be ok? I mean, Real Madrid bought Kovacic, Barca bought Paulinho and even Dembele, Bayern bought Tolisso. Every club has spent money on players who aren’t going to be regular first-teamers.

Is it City’s fault the market has gone mad in terms of fees when they don’t hold a transfer record or even have the biggest wage bill in the league?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Patrick Roberts isn’t good enough. He’s closer to Tom Lawrence’s level than he is City’s first-team.

I agree in that it would be nice for them to bring youth players through, but they have to be good enough. You can’t just play anybody to try and make a point.

City aspire to be at Barca or Real Madrid’s level. Those clubs have sold far better youth players such as Thiago and Morata than Patrick Roberts over the past couple of years.

Last time he was linked you said you wouldn’t defend Man City for signing him, he’s not world class or worth £60m, but they did need a wide player as Sane was injured.

They went on to win the league without signing another winger.

I just can’t understand why Roberts isn’t given that crack at 4th choice, wingers are pretty adaptable these days can play both sides, we’re not talking about him being first choice but 4th. It’s only 5 months till the window closes again if they have an injury crisis.

But now Man City are likely to have over £100m worth of wingers on the bench, having had young players like Roberts and Harrison at the club.

Sad state of affairs when a player who isn’t good enough as 4th choice on Man City’s bench is off to a club chasing a place in Europe’s first team. 

I'm glad its over and the disrespectful little poo has finally left, I have no problem with any player wanting to leave I just demand they be respectful of the club that is paying them extremely well.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Last time he was linked you said you wouldn’t defend Man City for signing him, he’s not world class or worth £60m, but they did need a wide player as Sane was injured.

They went on to win the league without signing another winger.

I just can’t understand why Roberts isn’t given that crack at 4th choice, wingers are pretty adaptable these days can play both sides, we’re not talking about him being first choice but 4th. It’s only 5 months till the window closes again if they have an injury crisis.

But now Man City are likely to have over £100m worth of wingers on the bench, having had young players like Roberts and Harrison at the club.

Sad state of affairs when a player who isn’t good enough as 4th choice on Man City’s bench is off to a club chasing a place in Europe’s first team. 

I'm not really defending it now. I'd prefer to see them sign a younger player for less to be honest. But I can see why they've bought a new winger and I don't think the fee is particularly their fault. That's just the market for you.

Roberts was nowhere near good enough. If one winger gets injured, you're left with Roberts as the only winger to potentially come on and change the game. He's miles away from being at that level.

The big clubs these days have such depth and quality when one first-teamer is injured, they can replace him with another. Let's not pretend that Roberts was at the same level as say Asensio.

It's easy to rely on youth when they're at a really good level or have massive potential.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.