what sort of bunce would we be lookin at?

Duracell

Aren't most fees spread across years nowadays? Don't think we pay large chunks upfront anymore. I see that extra £9m* as having been already spent in the last two seasons and we'll just use that money to pay bills that were already coming our way. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Aren't most fees spread across years nowadays? Don't think we pay large chunks upfront anymore. I see that extra £9m* as having been already spent in the last two seasons and we'll just use that money to pay bills that were already coming our way. 

Sounds like whenever I get any f****** money :(

There is no 9 mill to spend.do we really all think thats how it works ?? These deals are normally a chunk upfront then its split over the player contract.the fee is one thing but who do you think is footing the bill for the signing on fee and wages? Mel puts far more in than any of us have a clue about.the biggest problem we have had is mel as an owner not saying NO to his managers,he has backed everyone of them.

18 hours ago, Gritters said:

I think it went more like.

Derby : £3 million 

Huddersfield : Well accept  £2 million 

Derby : OK £4 million

Huddersfield : How much?

Derby : Errrr! ! £5 million. 

I think it was more like - 

Mel/Clement : £3 million 

Mel/Clement : OK £4 million

Mel/Clement : Errrr! ! £5 million.

Scouting team : Hang on chaps, do you want to give it little longer, so we can try and sound out a couple of loans?  Saves us money in the long run, and we won't be saddled with expensive players if they under per...

Mel/Clement : Shut the f*** up!!  We said £5 million, and we've heard Johnson from Norwich is available for £3 million.

Pause.  Phone ringing

Mel/Clement : Hello, is that Norwich?  £6.5 million for Johnson...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I think it was more like - 

Mel/Clement : £3 million 

Mel/Clement : OK £4 million

Mel/Clement : Errrr! ! £5 million.

Scouting team : Hang on chaps, do you want to give it little longer, so we can try and sound out a couple of loans?  Saves us money in the long run, and we won't be saddled with expensive players if they under per...

Mel/Clement : Shut the f*** up!!  We said £5 million, and we've heard Johnson from Norwich is available for £3 million.

Pause.  Phone ringing

Mel/Clement : Hello, is that Norwich?  £6.5 million for Johnson...

The missing name in that convo, and the guy we've binned off for allegedly being bad at money, is of course Sam Rush!

Archived