Latest Updates

Seems like any possible ins will only be on the basis of players going out... they seem to be lacking someone with the contacts and ability to make that happen (a proper director of football with contacts). A lot of suggestions of who to come in and a lot of agreement that dead wood needs to be shipped out, but big question is... where? Think The forum could do with a topic to discuss possible outs.

Rules:

must be realistic not an excuse to whine about players.

Specific clubs and they must have a need in that position (exits, injuries or lack of current options) or

must give a reason why that player would fit

Example:

Jason Shackell- move to the MLS- American wife- possible last contract age with back injuries

Marcus Olson- Leeds? Haven't really got LB since losing Taylor 

Pearce/Keogh- Birmingham and Sheff Wed still looking for a cb?

In b4 moved.

Its not about contacts. 

Shackell is still just about recovering from back surgery. No one will take him until January at least. I'd like to see him moving, but I think he's in his last year? Someone might have to fact check me there.

Olsson leaving would be an error. He's not the best, but he's rarely injured, and with Foz just coming back from a long time away, and Lowe unable to escape niggly little injuries, he's a necessary backup. Don't particularly rate Anya there, either.

If Shackell goes, then Pearce needs to stick around. And as for selling Keogh, that's just plain silly. The only CB who can pass a ball, and on the evidence of the Wolves game, one of the few with any urgency. Shame either of Butterfield or Johnson couldn't/won't do the runs that Keogh does, everyone else might not stand there watching and waiting.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

In b4 moved.

Its not about contacts. 

Shackell is still just about recovering from back surgery. No one will take him until January at least. I'd like to see him moving, but I think he's in his last year? Someone might have to fact check me there.

Olsson leaving would be an error. He's not the best, but he's rarely injured, and with Foz just coming back from a long time away, and Lowe unable to escape niggly little injuries, he's a necessary backup. Don't particularly rate Anya there, either.

If Shackell goes, then Pearce needs to stick around. And as for selling Keogh, that's just plain silly. The only CB who can pass a ball, and on the evidence of the Wolves game, one of the few with any urgency. Shame either of Butterfield or Johnson couldn't/won't do the runs that Keogh does, everyone else might not stand there watching and waiting.

Shackell is in his last year of the contract yes you're correct. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there'll be a couple of exits, possibly surprising ones.

Blackman (pleaseeeeee) 🙏

Weimann?

Anya?

Pearce (I'm praying for this one Gary) 🙏

????

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there'll be a couple of exits, possibly surprising ones.

Johnson to Norwich is one I have a hunch for.

no chance. Butters or bryson would leave before Johnson does.

We are stuck with them, yes you could pay them up which has a major FFP impact, or we simply wait until their contracts run down and get what little use out of them we can for some of them, loaning out one or two will give them some football if nothing else.

basically we massively overpaid in transfer fees and wages and contract length during the Clement and latterly the Pearson time on average players whilst we sold our most mobile midfielder in Hendrick we could have improved with the signings but they just seemed like a name/player through the door without thinking about how they would fit in. Sad but reality