Butterfield the new Hughes.

RoyMac5

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You must of been brilliant at football lol. 

I would have scored three today :whistle: (or would of scored three as you might say):

the Butterfield rebound one where he got bullied off the ball, and you know the other two. Most forum members would have scored 2 they were that easy ... 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Who has said that? Neither have I seen (m)any posts referring to Butterfield as Hughes Mk2 - only from you.

For saying you are supposed to be a positive poster you sure are negative after one game. 

May I remind you of the fact you were the main protagonist in bringing Chri Martin back to the club which is still a good decision for me. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

For saying you are supposed to be a positive poster you sure are negative after one game. 

May I remind you of the fact you were the main protagonist in bringing Chri Martin back to the club which is still a good decision for me. 

What on earth? When did @RoyMac5 say he didn't want martin back? What has that got to do with anything, and where is he being a negative poster? Are you just posting to post? 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

I would have scored three today :whistle: (or would of scored three as you might say):

the Butterfield rebound one where he got bullied off the ball, and you know the other two. Most forum members would have scored 2 they were that easy ... 

Totally disagree.

CM should have scored yes and 99 times out 100 he would have but Butterfields an Nugents were half chances. 

The best miss goal opportunities even Kevin Hector and Charlie George.

Roger Davies made a real hash one time and another.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Totally disagree.

CM should have scored yes and 99 times out 100 he would have but Butterfields an Nugents were half chances. 

The best miss goal opportunities even Kevin Hector and Charlie George.

Roger Davies made a real hash one time and another.

Kevin Hector never missed ... go get video and prove that false!:wub:

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

@RoyMac5 I'd bet if Hughes had played last night then he would have been equally anonymous as Butterfield for the first 70 minutes. A midfielder like Butterfield or Hughes cannot effect the game if the ball is being lumped over them.

Hughes would have been even MORE anonymous in regards to gifting penalties! 

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

@RoyMac5 I'd bet if Hughes had played last night then he would have been equally anonymous as Butterfield for the first 70 minutes. A midfielder like Butterfield or Hughes cannot effect the game if the ball is being lumped over them.

I think it would have been a good game for Hughes or Hughes Mk2 to show their stuff and I don't think there was that much deliberate lumping of the ball over midfield.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think it would have been a good game for Hughes or Hughes Mk2 to show their stuff and I don't think there was that much deliberate lumping of the ball over midfield.

I disagree it was clearly tactical from Rowett for the defence to launch the ball early and for the midfielders to be already pushed up to work off the second ball. Hughes would have made zero difference because we made absolutely zero effort to go through midfield at all as that was the way Rowett wanted it.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree it was clearly tactical from Rowett for the defence to launch the ball early and for the midfielders to be already pushed up to work off the second ball. Hughes would have made zero difference because we made absolutely zero effort to go through midfield at all as that was the way Rowett wanted it.

I get what you're saying but Hughes always makes a difference especially defensively where he robs the ball over and over. 

47 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I get what you're saying but Hughes always makes a difference especially defensively where he robs the ball over and over. 

Yeah I'll give you that, Hughes is better defensively than Butterfield and may have contributed more in that regard. But I think if he had played last night he would have cut a frustrated figure. If last night's tactics are the plan going forward I'm glad Hughes has left as he would have stagnated and been wasted.

We don't have Hendrick or Hughes anymore we have two slower championship players in Butterfield and Johnson who we know just don't do a lot when they are together we need someone else in there and currently that needs to be Bryson with Butterfield sat on the bench

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

Like I said, put the same microscope on Johnson. 

I like how there's always just one player responsible for all that is bad.

Forget you had Wisdom standing still on the ball for so long I thought I'd hit pause. Forget Davies ignoring Huddlestone's request to not tackle him In the build up to the penalty. Forget Forsyth suddenly turning naive and pressing the ball and exposing our left flank. Forget Johnson who hit hospital passes multiple times and I'd be interested to know if his pass completion was even 60% and he put Cattermole in on goal. Forget Weimann skipping around all over the place offering a terrible first touch and being unable to bring the composure that at least Russell managed. 

It's all down to Butterfield. Who actually came into the game in the last 20 to start offering a base of attack. 

Was he good? Nope. But did he cost us points on his own? Nope. Did Keogh at Wembley? Nope. 

It's the manager. Not it's Leon Best. No it's the manager. No it's Keogh. No It's the manager. No it's Blackman. No it's the manager. No it's Butterfield. 

No. It's the manager and the team. They aren't united in the way they want to play football. And quite simply this team...

Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Martin, Ward with support from Dawkins, Hendrick, Eustace etc... 

Wasn't exceptionally talented. It didn't have a great manager. It did have partnerships and a system and style it understood and suited. 

Last season there were calls to scrap the whole team. We buy Wisdom, Davies and Huddlestone and people think the very hyped Gary Rowett will suddenly be a different animal. 

Firstly there's no settled system or style. There's no partnerships. And crucially the best players of that season are somehow still our best players while it is probably fair to say they have gone backwards themselves slightly. 

Totally agree with this. It's why despite how dismayed I was with last nights performance, we need to let this side settle. Some players need to leave because I think their confidence has been destroyed and only a new challenge will refresh that. Some players are genuinely just crap and need to leave. There will always be improvements we can make in the transfer market.

But on the whole, we need to settle with what we've got and get these talented players playing cohesively. Despite what people say, we do have quality in this squad. We just need to get our philosophy in place. That's going to take a while.

Archived