Butterfield the new Hughes.

RoyMac5

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Your last sentence I agree. 

According to who scored Johnson had a pass completion of 55% and made no tackles. He put Cattermole through on goal. 

So I'd say Butterfield at least passed to a teammate 8.5 times in 10. 

Like @rynny said. You are in danger of sounding like Ninos on Martin/Butterfield and toddy on Martin. 

I don't like Weimann. But I can't blame it all on him even though he was useless. 

We all have our own players that we don't like, and are always extra critical with their performance, it is just knowing where to draw the line.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Like @rynny said. You are in danger of sounding like Ninos on Martin/Butterfield and toddy on Martin. 

When Butterfield has done a tenth of what Martin has done come back to me with that. I repeat what did he do tonight? He was in a pivotal position and did squat. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

When Butterfield has done a tenth of what Martin has done come back to me with that. I repeat what did he do tonight? He was in a pivotal position and did squat. 

You missed his chip for the Nugent chance then 

Just now, curtains said:

I don't think we are going up and I have said that what's wrong with you man. 

I'm amazed at the amount of positivity shown towards an awful performance from Butterfield. He did nothing, apart from a chip.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm amazed at the amount of positivity shown towards an awful performance from Butterfield. He did nothing, apart from a chip.

You are being really harsh he did other things as well but he didn't have his best game but neither did a few others 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No one has said that he has played well, just that wasn't the worst player on the pitch and everyone was a much of a muchness.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I have answered you about 3 times over 2 threads :lol:

I'm not comparing him to Martin because 1) I rate Martin 2) Martin was the least of our worries in tonight's game.

I'm not comparing Butterfield to anyone because I have no interest in Butterfield alone. You are.

I'm looking where we lost control of the game. Midfield was one of those places. 

You have the specific interest in Butterfield. All I'm saying is anything you aim at him you should aim at others too. That would give you a fair view. 

Bradley Johnson made no tackles. His pass completion was 55%. Butterfield was 85%. He also was useless in winning the ball. Butterfield gave away a penalty. Johnson gave away a huge chance to Cattermole who chose to pass. 

There's literally nothing between them. Yet you chose to focus on Butterfield.

In the other thread you said "Johnson scored" like that is some sort redemption. That goal would count for nothing if it wasn't for his teammates. One of which is Butterfield. 

Which takes me to my point on page 1. It's a team game. And Johnson was every bit as bad as Butterfield. He gave them the ball almost half of the time it left his foot. That's not helpful is it. In fact it kind of helps Sunderland if one of our players keeps passing to them.

And I'm still not even blaming just them to. Like I said. Team game. You're looking to one player

That's the fourth time at least now. I've answered "What did he do?"

I don't bother arguing with Ninos and toddy for the reason that they can't actually process anything you write to them. 

I get you don't like him. I don't like Weimann or Bryson much. It's hard not to focus on players you think hold your team back. I'm only trying to see if you can see the same faults in others. I'm not trying to tell you Butterfield played well. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. He was exceptionally poor. He did little to nothing positive, at least Brad scored. We're going nowhere playing BJ and Butterfield.

Don't fall for Rynnys "evil ninos" routine. youre right - Butterfield offers nothing and today he lost us 2 points.

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I have answered you about 3 times over 2 threads :lol:

I'm not comparing him to Martin because 1) I rate Martin 2) Martin was the least of our worries in tonight's game.

I'm not comparing Butterfield to anyone because I have no interest in Butterfield alone. You are.

I'm looking where we lost control of the game. Midfield was one of those places. 

You have the specific interest in Butterfield. All I'm saying is anything you aim at him you should aim at others too. That would give you a fair view. 

Bradley Johnson made no tackles. His pass completion was 55%. Butterfield was 85%. He also was useless in winning the ball. Butterfield gave away a penalty. Johnson gave away a huge chance to Cattermole who chose to pass. 

There's literally nothing between them. Yet you chose to focus on Butterfield.

In the other thread you said "Johnson scored" like that is some sort redemption. That goal would count for nothing if it wasn't for his teammates. One of which is Butterfield. 

Which takes me to my point on page 1. It's a team game. And Johnson was every bit as bad as Butterfield. He gave them the ball almost half of the time it left his foot. That's not helpful is it. In fact it kind of helps Sunderland if one of our players keeps passing to them.

And I'm still not even blaming just them to. Like I said. Team game. You're looking to one player

That's the fourth time at least now. I've answered "What did he do?"

I don't bother arguing with Ninos and toddy for the reason that they can't actually process anything you write to them. 

I get you don't like him. I don't like Weimann or Bryson much. It's hard not to focus on players you think hold your team back. I'm only trying to see if you can see the same faults in others. I'm not trying to tell you Butterfield played well. 

Relax man you're getting all hot and bothered. Unless you didn't notice, games are won and lost with goals. Johnson scored ours and Butterfield gave them theirs and this isn't the first time either. That's the most relevant fact. 

Archived