Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

I just don't understand why we let ince go if we didn't have anybody in place! You cannot rely on the wingers we have at the club now!

I'm assuming Ince was the driving force behind his transfer, probably left us with no option. When trying to build squad unity the last thing you need is forcing a player to stay against his will. We've got 4 weeks to replace him yet, if he isn't replaced and none of the wingers we currently have don't fill the void left then youl be fully justified in your moaning 

10 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He was nominated for the manager of the season?

When did it happen exactly?

I don't have a clue about it, I am completely clueless.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/22/premier-league-2016-17-manager-of-the-season

manageroftheseason2016.jpg

:lol:

But I can assure you anyway, he'll be one of the first ones to be sacked next season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-manager-of-the-season-antonio-conte-mauricio-pochettino-paul-clement-a7736356.html

I don't know what Clement has done to offend you but you have to give some credit for his achievements at Swansea

18 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/22/premier-league-2016-17-manager-of-the-season

But I can assure you anyway, he'll be one of the first ones to be sacked next season.

Have you read the article you've posted? If so could you explain its relevance please? Also how does it reinforce the argument that Clement is 'clueless'.

22 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I bet you assured people that Leicester would go down the season before last.

The thing I would have liked is for us to say Tom, Huddersfield, we will sell,you once an agreement is in place for your replacement. Will, Watford, no problem with selling to a prem club once we get our replacement sorted and deal agreed.

do I believe we should go out and spend on Lawrence and Jota? Absolutely, I feel,for once we have got the right targets in, a CDM as replacement/back up/top play alongside Thorne. We've improved the defensive side of our team with defend first RB and an experienced CB.

2 wide forwards that can also play in the centre would be ideal and these 2 would give that.we are £10 mil in the green upfront from sales possibly rising to £15 mil. If we could get those 2 for the same price so effectively cost neutral with options for others to be sold I'd take the gamble.

yes it's a gamble but what transfer isn't.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

What is our fiscal strategy, putting money in a savings acount and getting a safe but unspectacular 1% guaranteed interest every year or investing in the stock market with the potential for double digit growth but also the potential for losing some of your investment? 

Isn't this exactly what we've done for the last few years but we lost a chunk of our investment and have had to sell off our best assets to compensate (Hughes and Ince) and now people want to do the same again...

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The thing I would have liked is for us to say Tom, Huddersfield, we will sell,you once an agreement is in place for your replacement. Will, Watford, no problem with selling to a prem club once we get our replacement sorted and deal agreed.

do I believe we should go out and spend on Lawrence and Jota? Absolutely, I feel,for once we have got the right targets in, a CDM as replacement/back up/top play alongside Thorne. We've improved the defensive side of our team with defend first RB and an experienced CB.

2 wide forwards that can also play in the centre would be ideal and these 2 would give that.we are £10 mil in the green upfront from sales possibly rising to £15 mil. If we could get those 2 for the same price so effectively cost neutral with options for others to be sold I'd take the gamble.

yes it's a gamble but what transfer isn't.

What??!!??Yes lads,you have to train with us and I'll adjust the team to accommodate you two,even though you're both leaving before long.It doesn't quite work like that! Made me laugh though.?

I'd really like this one to be true, but we've been linked with so many players this summer I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm slightly dubious as to where he fits in too. We've signed two 'Number 10s' in Gross and Brown to play off the striker. Lawrence would be an upgrade on Skalak/Murphy wide left I guess but I'm not sure. A lot of these stories tend to be players who are 'on our radar' rather than actively pursuing.

I disagree with Nixon though, we almost signed Prtichard for £8m last summer, we almost signed Renato Neto for a similar fee last week but he failed his medical. So we are prepared to pay decent money. If we do want Lawrence and he's now a top target then I could see us paying that sort of fee.

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

What??!!??Yes lads,you have to train with us and I'll adjust the team to accommodate you two,even though you're both leaving before long.It doesn't quite work like that! Made me laugh though.?

Yet it is exactly what's happening with Lawrence, and every other player that won't be sold until an adequate replacement is sourced!!

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-manager-of-the-season-antonio-conte-mauricio-pochettino-paul-clement-a7736356.html

I don't know what Clement has done to offend you but you have to give some credit for his achievements at Swansea

@Inglorious:

You are right, I wasn't informed about it, he was indeed mentioned above.

No, he didn't offend me in any way, I don't know him personally. 

I am under the impression, he didn't bring the right players to Derby and Mel's decision to appoint him wasn't the right one finally. 

But I am sure I have read some negative comments and discontent about his work at Swansea from their fans several months ago.

26 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Have you read the article you've posted? If so could you explain its relevance please? Also how does it reinforce the argument that Clement is 'clueless'.

@86 points:

You are right as well, it doesn't show direct relevance to Paul Clement's cluelessness,  but I just wanted to show he wasn't in the running for the manager of the season award with my article, as he wasn't mentioned there. But he was finally, so I did make mistake. I did acknowledged it.

I hereby don't want to and have intention to continue this discussion further on, because it's not the place.

This forum thread is about Tom Lawrence.

Over and out. 

1 minute ago, SimonBHA said:

I'd really like this one to be true, but we've been linked with so many players this summer I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm slightly dubious as to where he fits in too. We've signed two 'Number 10s' in Gross and Brown to play off the striker. Lawrence would be an upgrade on Skalak/Murphy wide left I guess but I'm not sure. A lot of these stories tend to be players who are 'on our radar' rather than actively pursuing.

I disagree with Nixon though, we almost signed Prtichard for £8m last summer, we almost signed Renato Neto for a similar fee last week but he failed his medical. So we are prepared to pay decent money. If we do want Lawrence and he's now a top target then I could see us paying that sort of fee.

You need to spend money that's for sure.

destined for relegation I think with this squad. Not being bitter I said you would go up start of last season... even bet it! Just think you need to improve to cope with the high standards of the big time

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You need to spend money that's for sure.

destined for relegation I think with this squad. Not being bitter I said you would go up start of last season... even bet it! Just think you need to improve to cope with the high standards of the big time

Could spend millions and still go down. It's going to be tough, suspect you may be right but just gonna make the most of it.

3 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Could spend millions and still go down. It's going to be tough, suspect you may be right but just gonna make the most of it.

Enjoy it whilst you can, if you stay up then Happy days, if not its £100 mil to mount a serious challenge to get promoted again. I like Brighton, done a good job adding a couple of players each year to improve the quality and played some good football.

good luck and hope you don't get Lawrence ?

This is why I can't stand summer transfer windows.

We know nothing other than that Lawrence is a player we'd like to sign.

What we don't know is, for instance; whether he wants to come to Derby, how much Leicester want in fee, how much he wants in wages, how much budget we've got, whether he's top choice or we're waiting on a higher priority, whether he's waiting on a squad status decision from Leicester, whether he's waiting on the potential for a Perm move, whether Leicester want to sign a replacement first, how the payment structure stacks up with any other signings we want to make with regard to FFP...some people may know some of this, but we don't know enough about them and the circumstances in which they "know" it to attach any credence to what they say.

People. Seriously. The club are doing their best, Rowett and Morris aren't in it for s**** and giggles.

It would do all of our blood pressure and general wellbeing a right load of good if we took a nice big dose of chill the f*** out.

Archived