Darren Bent

DCFC1388

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bent's best years may be behind him but not sure how that justifies some of the crass comments on this thread. It's not his fault the club bought him, offered him top wedge or gave him the length of contract they did. Jeez, give him a break!

Get rid, give away if possible. Keeping this waste of space just takes the place of someone who might actually deliver something. 

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Get rid, give away if possible. Keeping this waste of space just takes the place of someone who might actually deliver something. 

Such unnecessary language regarding a player who has tried his best; and very often delivered in terms of goals.

Bent is a waste of wages and we should jump at the chance to get rid. I don't even care if that involves letting him go to Ipswich for free. My only fear is that we'll refuse to let him go unless we don't have to pay any wages and herein lies the problem. Ipswich can't afford him in that sense.

1 hour ago, RamBamFan said:

Bent is a waste of wages and we should jump at the chance to get rid. I don't even care if that involves letting him go to Ipswich for free. My only fear is that we'll refuse to let him go unless we don't have to pay any wages and herein lies the problem. Ipswich can't afford him in that sense.

You assume Bent wouldn't be willing to take a pay cut? Was reported to have been on 65k at Villa, pretty sure he's not getting that at Derby.

2 years older now than when he signed for Derby, pretty sure he will be aware of the fact he can no longer get the same kind of money. Will be 34 and a free agent if he stays at Derby for his final year, if given a decent contract now say 2 years and regular football might go for it.

Wouldnt be surprised if Derby allowed him to leave on a free transfer to help move him on.

2 hours ago, RamBamFan said:

My only fear is that you are actually a Derby fan, as opposed to the boneheaded Gump troll you seem to be impersonating.

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

My only fear is that you are actually a Derby fan, as opposed to the boneheaded Gump troll you seem to be impersonating.

If you could explain how I'm being a "boneheaded gump troll" I'd really appreciate it.

29 minutes ago, David said:

You assume Bent wouldn't be willing to take a pay cut? Was reported to have been on 65k at Villa, pretty sure he's not getting that at Derby.

2 years older now than when he signed for Derby, pretty sure he will be aware of the fact he can no longer get the same kind of money. Will be 34 and a free agent if he stays at Derby for his final year, if given a decent contract now say 2 years and regular football might go for it.

Wouldnt be surprised if Derby allowed him to leave on a free transfer to help move him on.

I don't think he'd take a pay cut because he knows he can sit on the bench and earn whatever he's on now. 

2 hours ago, feisty said:

Such unnecessary language regarding a player who has tried his best; and very often delivered in terms of goals.

I disagree, that's my feelings towards him. For me he has contributed absolutely nothing and has taken the shirt and salary of someone who could. You may think different, which is fair enough. 

1 minute ago, RamBamFan said:

I don't think he'd take a pay cut because he knows he can sit on the bench and earn whatever he's on now. 

You don't think based on what? Has Bent ever given you that kind of impression he is that type of a player, if so how?

As I say, reported 65k at Villa before he joined Derby, find it hard to believe he would be on that now given our owner was a little disgusted at the wages being handed out in the Championship by one club in particular. 

1 minute ago, David said:

You don't think based on what? Has Bent ever given you that kind of impression he is that type of a player, if so how?

As I say, reported 65k at Villa before he joined Derby, find it hard to believe he would be on that now given our owner was a little disgusted at the wages being handed out in the Championship by one club in particular. 

I don't know the bloke personally, of course, but I think most human beings would happily accept the money for little work. Maybe even more so considering he's at the end of his career.

Bent won't be on £65k. If I had to estimate I'd say £25k. Whatever the case it'll be a lot for Ipswich (the only club I realistically see signing him, no matter what Turkish media says), who might not even consider him a regular starter.

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I disagree, that's my feelings towards him. For me he has contributed absolutely nothing and has taken the shirt and salary of someone who could. You may think different, which is fair enough. 

Yeah cos goals don't count for a striker! :thumbsup:

Archived