Rats or new challenge?

RoyMac5

In Transfer Talk (Ince's thread) @Kamikazesaid he wondered if a few of the senior players wanted to leave for 'a new challenge'. I immediately thought or 'rats deserting a sinking ship'!

So which do you think it might be rats or challenge? And who would leave if there was a buyer?

For me rats would be:

Christie, Butterfield, Johnson, Shackell

New challenge: Ince

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No Rats, just employed people on good contracts who don't want to walk out on a good contract if they can't equal or improve on it which is exactly what I wouldn't do.

Yawn.

Some players turn down moves others can't wait to go.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Rats - the fans that turn on the club and the players at any given chance

New challenges - the players that are fed up with the lack of support

Double yawn.

Thinking about it I reckon Vydra would be a rat, not sure (shock) about Blackman.

You know in London they say you are never 6ft away from a rat, I just don't think that's true and shows how statistics can be manipulated to suit an argument.

I mean if you stop and think about it, lets say your stood on the stairs, there's a good 7/8ft above and below you as houses can be fairly big down there, especially those pesky politicians.

Are we saying that rats could be in the wall cavities or hiding inside a lamp shade?

It's a load of rubbish that's what it is, it's why I don't put all my opinions on stats, I like to use my eyes and if I can't see something with my eyes I try not to jump to conclusions based on idle speculation.

Triple yawn, get in there!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

In Transfer Talk (Ince's thread) @Kamikazesaid he wondered if a few of the senior players wanted to leave for 'a new challenge'. I immediately thought or 'rats deserting a sinking ship'!

So which do you think it might be rats or challenge? And who would leave if there was a buyer?

For me rats would be:

Christie, Butterfield, Johnson, Shackell

New challenge: Ince

Our players are all on huge contracts. Unless an offer comes in from a Premiership club it is unlikely anyone will match their wage demands.

Christie - May be open to a transfer as it seems increasingly obvious he's not in Rowett's plans and he'll be wanting to cement his place in the Ireland team whilst Coleman in injured.

Butterfield - No one will pay him as much as we will.

Johnson - No one will pay him as much as we will and he's Gary's special boy.

Shackell - No one will pay him as much as we will, but we might end up paying off his contract.

Ince - Will go to a crap Premier League club during this window. He will not smile in his unveiling promotional photo.

The point was IF there was a buyer!

So in other words (to help you out) who do you think is committed to Derby (ie Will was but wanted a new challenge) and who would jump ship!? Maybe they'd jump because they think the Captain is steering towards rocks or maybe cos they'd rather not play for us...

Just wondering about which players might be which.

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yawn? Are you getting tired of people slagging everything off 2 months before the season has started too?

Really?

But its not just me it's Rowett too - he only wants players who are committed to Derby. Perhaps he could post and tell us which he thinks are which or would he be slagging off the club!?!

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point was IF there was a buyer!

So in other words (to help you out) who do you think is committed to Derby (ie Will was but wanted a new challenge) and who would jump ship!? Maybe they'd jump because they think the Captain is steering towards rocks or maybe cos they'd rather not play for us...

Just wondering about which players might be which.

There's absolutely no way we can know and in all honesty I wouldn't care. This is simply a career to the players. If fees and wages aren't a factor then things in their personal lives, such as whether they like the area and their colleagues or if their family is settled and what school their kids are in, will be and should be far more important factors in their decision making than being committed to a club.

Double yawn.

Thinking about it I reckon Vydra would be a rat, not sure (shock) about Blackman.

Yawn.

Some players turn down moves others can't wait to go.

Yawn! 

Obviously it is your opinion and no one else's counts. So why post in the first place if you don't like their opinions?

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Yawn! 

Obviously it is your opinion and no one else's counts. So why post in the first place if you don't like their opinions?

Yawn. It's a perfectly valid question which they didn't answer. They preferred to imply I was slagging the team off.

As I said if it's a good enough question for our Gary to ask why can't we. But no-one wants to so, fine. But I still think it'll come down to fans asking are these players committed enough.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really?

But its not just me it's Rowett too - he only wants players who are committed to Derby. Perhaps he could post and tell us which he thinks are which or would he be slagging off the club!?!

Can you send me the link to any article where Rowett refers to any of the players as rats?

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I might have missed it, but I don't think commitment is mentioned specifically by anyone in that interview or article.

I took the fact that he stated the players had being doing their fitness stuff, even more then required by some, to be committed.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you send me the link to any article where Rowett refers to any of the players as rats?

Oh err yeah, he doesn't actually call any of them rats, silly me. Its a cliché - and was used as a counterpoint to leaving for 'a new challenge'. Which Rowett said Hughes was doing but also mentioned he wanted players to be committed, implying he wasn't sure about Hughes.

Archived