Rats or new challenge?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

RATS SMATS...last players with a burning desire to just play regular football and  are prepared to do anything to have that chance these are the ones you refer to as rats completely the wrong way to describe them also in this group are players  the managers as given up on and in some cases so have the fans then in this case best thing to do is to move them on

Well I hope we have quite a few of these cos we all want to see Rowett achieve somewhere near his preferred squad by when the season starts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

In Transfer Talk (Ince's thread) @Kamikazesaid he wondered if a few of the senior players wanted to leave for 'a new challenge'. I immediately thought or 'rats deserting a sinking ship'!

So which do you think it might be rats or challenge? And who would leave if there was a buyer?

For me rats would be:

Christie, Butterfield, Johnson, Shackell

New challenge: Ince

I should probably clarify what i meant in that topic, it just wouldn't be a surprise to me if senior long term players like Keogh Ince Christie or Russell etc were sick of the perpetual failure / close calls, instability with managers/Mel and scathing negativity from the fanbase and were looking for a fresh start. Certainly wouldn't call them rats for doing so.

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

I should probably clarify what i meant in that topic, it just wouldn't be a surprise to me if senior long term players like Keogh Ince Christie or Russell etc were sick of the perpetual failure / close calls, instability with managers/Mel and scathing negativity from the fanbase and were looking for a fresh start. Certainly wouldn't call them rats for doing so.

No 'new challenger's' seems fair. 'Rats off a sinking ship' was just a cliché that sprang to mind thinking about how many others would leave IF they could. No-one has questioned the 'sinking ship' bit of the analogy! :D

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Personally don't see any real bad people in the team! Just people on stupid amounts of money they should never off been offered! Can't really blame them! 

I agree, and anyway is it bad to want to jump from a 'sinking ship'?! ;)

I'll stop now as this was just caused by boredom and the new season is nearly upon us - who knows what the future will bring... Come on You Rams! #dcfc

On 27.6.2017 at 09:40, G STAR RAM said:

Rats - the fans that turn on the club and the players at any given chance

New challenges - the players that are fed up with the lack of support

The best possible response which treats the initial thread title with the disdain it deserves !

59 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

The best possible response which treats the initial thread title with the disdain it deserves !

Then that applies to Rowett too as he doesn't want any players that aren't committed to DCFC ie 'rats'. It was just musing about which players would rather be elsewhere ie Hughes. Too bad you're unable to understand threads that are a little more opaque than some you post on.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then that applies to Rowett too as he doesn't want any players that aren't committed to DCFC ie 'rats'. It was just musing about which players would rather be elsewhere ie Hughes. Too bad you're unable to understand threads that are a little more opaque than some you post on.

Yes strangely the sinking ship as generated from fans. If players felt the way wouldnt we be inundated with transfer requests?

Obvious to me Ince is on his way the way he dad speaks .Makes you wonder though face  a year of fighting religation with a below average premiership team or stay and fight for promotion ? sounds to me the easy way out

Archived