Our Mel ( Cbeebies)

LesterRam

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Knighthoods for civil servants who were doing the jobs they we employed to do?

knighthoods for pop stars and tv personalities or athletes?

awards in return for political donations?

Not sure that care workers, paramedics, street cleaners, and nurses are usually the recipients.

people get on the list because they have been nominated so in theory you could nominate rammie who then might get one

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must declare an interest here as I received an MBE from the Queen in the 2009 New Years Honours List. Partly for helping to develop and implement the Freedom of Information Act but mainly for my work in developing countries where I've been arrested and thrown in prison in Sierra Leone, nearly b*ggered by three goats upcountry in The Gambia, accosted in my hotel bedroom in Ghana by a lady of the night wearing an orange wig who said "hello der big boy. You want f*cky f*cky?"   I've fed hyenas with the Hyena Man of Harar in Ethiopia (Google him). Highs and lows, some pretty poor countries like Malawi, some fantastic like the Bahamas but always an adventure. And all the while developing records management systems for hospitals, courts, schools and ministries, hopefully saving lives, helping economies, relieving poverty and improving the lot of citizens  

So when I see sportsmen and film stars being honoured for nothing other than being celebrities it is annoying and does seem to devalue my little input  

25 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I must declare an interest here as I received an MBE from the Queen in the 2009 New Years Honours List. Partly for helping to develop and implement the Freedom of Information Act but mainly for my work in developing countries where I've been arrested and thrown in prison in Sierra Leone, nearly b*ggered by three goats upcountry in The Gambia, accosted in my hotel bedroom in Ghana by a lady of the night wearing an orange wig who said "hello der big boy. You want f*cky f*cky?"   I've fed hyenas with the Hyena Man of Harar in Ethiopia (Google him). Highs and lows, some pretty poor countries like Malawi, some fantastic like the Bahamas but always an adventure. And all the while developing records management systems for hospitals, courts, schools and ministries, hopefully saving lives, helping economies, relieving poverty and improving the lot of citizens  

So when I see sportsmen and film stars being honoured for nothing other than being celebrities it is annoying and does seem to devalue my little input  

Typical Tory, how much did it cost?

??

On 6/19/2017 at 21:41, Strange yearnings said:

On 6/19/2017 at 21:41, Strange yearnings said:

Seems to me like the actor and sportsmen you also got honored for doing something that not only did recieve pay but loved the job you were doing .Unlike a lot of us who go to work every day doing a job they dont particularly like just to provide for the family

Archived