We are going up

archied

At the start of every season, all football fans dream of, we are going up, that belief is what drives us to keep turning up week after week, if you told me at the start of last season Huddersfield were going up, I would have called for the men in white coats, anything can happen in the championship, so yes I believe that the Rams are going up, it could even be Barnsley LOL, that is what is so great about the championship, it could be anyone, even us. Once a Ram always a Ram.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-1 at 06:30, archied said:

Yep , remember you heard it here first .

the dust has settled from last year and the frustration of the last couple of years which has made me think at times that we should sell the lot of them is being re examined and when you go back over our performances when we are at it ,by god we are a bloody good team at our best ? We have some very decent players ,, we have really suffered from not being well drilled and organised and that has started from the top in terms of the scattergun approach to recruitment and filtered down through the whole club.

our squad needs trimming down to a tighter unit with the squad players being closer to breaking into first team rather than kicking their heels with no real focus , we lost our way and for me rowett seems the right man to get this group re focused ,organised and fighting for each other ,

stangely enough I no longer feel it will need wholesale changes in playing staff but rather a few key additions ,, Hanley is one we should really try to get in ,, he has that nasty side /bite that we lacked and played alongside keough would be a rock with a fit George Thorne on the field in front of them , cover for Thorne is vital too ,

im getting excited to see what rowett can do from a very different starting point than that the one he had at Birmingham ,

i believe we are going up this year ,,, am I crazy?

No, The only real question is whether its autos or play offs. 

mumblemumble

The return of Christ Martin and George Thorne does provide me with a glimmer of hope we could make the top 6 and when you consider 4 of our competitors (Leeds, Hull, Boro and Sunderland) are yet to appoint a manager we should have a much better start than all of them.

3 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

The return of Christ Martin and George Thorne does provide me with a glimmer of hope we could make the top 6 and when you consider 4 of our competitors (Leeds, Hull, Boro and Sunderland) are yet to appoint a manager we should have a much better start than all of them.

we're generally slow starters tho. Been a while since we got off to a flyer isn't it - one of cloughies seasons we won first 4 or 5?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

we're generally slow starters tho. Been a while since we got off to a flyer isn't it - one of cloughies seasons we won first 4 or 5?

Rowett's huge on fitness, which has correlated with his teams historically getting off to a flyer.

As long as he doesn't do anything silly like having Bent as his first choice striker, playing BJ wide left or have Bryso at holding midfield I can see us doing the same.

13 hours ago, cannable said:

Rowett's huge on fitness, which has correlated with his teams historically getting off to a flyer.

As long as he doesn't do anything silly like having Bent as his first choice striker, playing BJ wide left or have Bryso at holding midfield I can see us doing the same.

A manager would have to be crazy to do that:ph34r:

Archived