Reactions

Day

Later this year a new update will bring a ton of new features, one of which will be reactions.

For anyone that is on Facebook you will be aware of what they are, instead of just liking a post you can react to it.

Your current like count will be your new reputation score. Reactions can add, remove or make no change to your overall total.

I heard you loud and clear when you said no dislike button, some were over protective of their like counts, others saw it as a way of targeting members by disliking every post.

Now I'm asking for feedback again as I would like to introduce one or 2 "negative" reactions which would not effect your overall reputation. 

Interested to hear your thoughts.

You will be able to hover over each reaction and see who exactly reacted what, if members use this to target every post of another member we have the ability to stop that member from using reactions.

Its a fun way of reacting to a post rather than one word/emoticon posts.

I have attached a screenshot of how the new system looks, these are not the final reactions, I have full access to the emoji icons to offer several ways of reacting to a post. 

The train one probably won't make the final version, choo choo!

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 15.00.00.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, David said:

Later this year a new update will bring a ton of new features, one of which will be reactions.

For anyone that is on Facebook you will be aware of what they are, instead of just liking a post you can react to it.

Your current like count will be your new reputation score. Reactions can add, remove or make no change to your overall total.

I heard you loud and clear when you said no dislike button, some were over protective of their like counts, others saw it as a way of targeting members by disliking every post.

Now I'm asking for feedback again as I would like to introduce one or 2 "negative" reactions which would not effect your overall reputation. 

Interested to hear your thoughts.

You will be able to hover over each reaction and see who exactly reacted what, if members use this to target every post of another member we have the ability to stop that member from using reactions.

Its a fun way of reacting to a post rather than one word/emoticon posts.

I have attached a screenshot of how the new system looks, these are not the final reactions, I have full access to the emoji icons to offer several ways of reacting to a post. 

The train one probably won't make the final version, choo choo!

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 15.00.00.png

thanks for the heads up :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like the bullsh it one. Don't think there should be negative scoring - afterall if no-one likes your post there'll be no positives anyway?

That's right. 

Also think they could be used between members that have a laugh, you can guarantee I'll be whacking a few on Boycie so it's only right they have no negative impact on your overall total.

4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

thanks for the heads up :ph34r:

They are set to fully release in the summer, no set date as yet and I don't want to use this site and members as bug testers again so it's a sit and watch at the moment.

Do posters really bother about the number of likes they have? Seems a little pathetic. And David, are you using a photo of Jason Statham?

1 minute ago, Strange yearnings said:

Do posters really bother about the number of likes they have? Seems a little pathetic. And David, are you using a photo of Jason Statham?

Some do. I find it odd as no social media site keeps a running total of how many likes, retweets, shares or whatever it is you get. 

Didn't have the totals on for a while until it was requested.

Also compliment accepted. ?

44 minutes ago, David said:

Some do. I find it odd as no social media site keeps a running total of how many likes, retweets, shares or whatever it is you get. 

Oh. It wasn't a compliment. :unsure:

15 hours ago, David said:

Only if you where born around 1990-2000, and had the internet as a baby sitter.

You look anorexic, or been in the bath, submerged for too long.

Archived