Nigel Clough Sacking

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bang on!

Plus with Clough the new season's (limited) hope for success was usually over by Christmas. At least we've had full seasons of challenging.

Our challenge was pretty much doomed from about September this season.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth are there so many pages on this 4 years later?! Jesus Christ just let it go, the bloke had far more time than almost any manager in this day and age and we appeared to have reached the limit under him, should have been sacked earlier than he was, not given more time. We saw instant improvement once he went, and while we're still in the championship, the fact remains that since he left we've always finished above the best league place we ever reached under clough. The excitement has returned to our football since he went, it seems to have meaning now, and the increased attendances show that

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How on earth are there so many pages on this 4 years later?! Jesus Christ just let it go, the bloke had far more time than almost any manager in this day and age and we appeared to have reached the limit under him, should have been sacked earlier than he was, not given more time. We saw instant improvement once he went, and while we're still in the championship, the fact remains that since he left we've always finished above the best league place we ever reached under clough. The excitement has returned to our football since he went, it seems to have meaning now, and the increased attendances show that

Because people still want to discuss it, and people still want to tell them they shouldn't still want to discuss it?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our challenge was pretty much doomed from about September this season.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Utter rubbish.

I thought it was more around May/June time when we hired Pearson :lol:

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Utter rubbish.

Well we would have pretty much needed automatic promotion form to reach play offs and don't forget how rubbish our players are hence us needing a complete clearout. 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well we would have pretty much needed automatic promotion form to reach play offs and don't forget how rubbish our players are hence us needing a complete clearout. 

We were playing it. We're not crap, just unbalanced, ask Gary!

6 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Over the 4 year at least 6 thousand half-fans voted with their feet. 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

If you read a later post I corrected it. Or did you just want to try and score a quick point?

I would (see above)

5 hours ago, davenportram said:

If you read a later post I corrected it. Or did you just want to try and score a quick point?

Get in there got a bite on this one. :lol:

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Get in there got a bite on this one. :lol:

That's not a bite it was s polite and civil response to a poor effort at wummery.

actually it wasn't wummery it was just you getting excited that I'd made a mistake and hitting quote

• 1 month later...

Archived