New Speeding Fines

Pearl Ram

On 4/22/2017 at 09:48, Angry Ram said:

I speed all the time, just careful when and where.. Not saying it is right but we all do it.. All the little miss perfects on here need to fess up.

Me too ,and don't get me started on the drivers that are doing anything other than driving, including on my daily travels :- eating their breakfast ,shaving . putting on their make up or just generally fooking about driving 20mph below the speed limit with their brain in neutral being a mobile chicane .Rant over.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Me too ,and don't get me started on the drivers that are doing anything other than driving, including on my daily travels :- eating their breakfast ,shaving . putting on their make up or just generally fooking about driving 20mph below the speed limit with their brain in neutral being a mobile chicane .Rant over.

Sorry, I was running late this morning....

so the new rules are linked to earnings, so the unemployed and the rich through clever accountancy win again, the Labour party are so intellectually challenged they have failed to challenge another new law, taxation on the working classes once again and don't give me that ******** about speeding, if taxation is important why don't they pick on tax avoidance and benefit cheats that are destroying this Country?

my Tory vote is now an abstention :angry:

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

We were in devon easter weekend, and i couldnt believe what i actually saw, some guy stopped to take a phone call, he didnt even pull over, he just stopped in the road with other cars waiting behind him beeping theiir horns.

Slow drivers, dont get me started, funny how sunday afternoon how many drivers tootle along carefully under the speed limit, i'd pull themn over, probbaly been drinking.

Sith Happens

Having thought about this, I think the band b and band c fines are fair enough. Going at those speeds is not accidental its a deliberate act.

However, for the band a fines, i think its very easy to accidentally speed at lower levels and 50% of your weekly income is a lot for a mistake.

However if we are going to do this, then fine, but lets also fine people who do delibrate acts like using mobiles phones 500% of your income, its far more dangerous than speeding. Lets also fine those who litter 500% of their weekly income, also a deliberate act which can be avoided.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Having thought about this, I think the band b and band c fines are fair enough. Going at those speeds is not accidental its a deliberate act.

However, for the band a fines, i think its very easy to accidentally speed at lower levels and 50% of your weekly income is a lot for a mistake.

However if we are going to do this, then fine, but lets also fine people who do delibrate acts like using mobiles phones 500% of your income, its far more dangerous than speeding. Lets also fine those who litter 500% of their weekly income, also a deliberate act which can be avoided.

Plus of course, you'd have all those self employed people declaring their weekly income as £4.75.

Sith Happens
Just now, ketteringram said:

Plus of course, you'd have all those self employed people declaring their weekly income as £4.75.

Thats the point i dont get, so if you are a pensioner for example for 1 million pounds in the bank.....what do you get fined?

14 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

the amount of speed cameras on newly widened motorways is unbelievable, the four lanes around trowell services was another cash cow paid by the motorist twice, through taxation and speeding.

Only if you're speeding and don't know where the cameras are. Also the lights have to be flashing a speed limit for them to be activated. 

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Only if you're speeding and don't know where the cameras are. Also the lights have to be flashing a speed limit for them to be activated. 

I don't like travelling at 50mph when all lanes are empty and some egotistical camera operator with a small willy wants to slow me down, motorways and dual carriageways are 70mph thanks

4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Are they in the bushes?

No. Some gantries have cameras others haven't but around Trowell they only work when a speed limit is in force. It makes sense to stick to the suggested limits to avoid congestion or possibly a pile up.

Guess who's been on a speed awareness course?

Just now, Gritters said:

No. Some gantries have cameras others haven't but around Trowell they only work when a speed limit is in force. It makes sense to stick to the suggested limits to avoid congestion or possibly a pile up.

Guess who's been on a speed awareness course?

I have never had any points in 25 years, shall we reverse roleplay, I'll be Brenda :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I don't like travelling at 50mph when all lanes are empty and some egotistical camera operator with a small willy wants to slow me down, motorways and dual carriageways are 70mph thanks

Me too I drive to the conditions of the road. It would be a bit daft travelling 70 mph in snow and/or ice.

15 hours ago, LesterRam said:

so the new rules are linked to earnings, so the unemployed and the rich through clever accountancy win again, the Labour party are so intellectually challenged they have failed to challenge another new law, taxation on the working classes once again and don't give me that ******** about speeding, if taxation is important why don't they pick on tax avoidance and benefit cheats that are destroying this Country?

my Tory vote is now an abstention :angry:

I don't get this at all, because you are unemployed the offence is less than if you go to work?

next thing they will do is reduce jail sentence for robbery if you are unemployed

Archived