Pride Park 20 years

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Its 20 years soon since pride park opened, I may have missed it but do we know if anything is being done to mark the occasion?

I remember the early days of friendlies against Barcelona... Now our showcase friendly is the likes of stoke.

Would be good if somehow we could get a big team here to mark the occasion.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

Its 20 years soon since pride park opened, I may have missed it but do we know if anything is being done to mark the occasion?

I remember the early days of friendlies against Barcelona... Now our showcase friendly is the likes of stoke.

Would be good if somehow we could get a big team here to mark the occasion.

Love to Barcelona in a showcase friendly at Pride Park. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Love to Barcelona in a showcase friendly at Pride Park. 

Did we even have a showcase friendly last pre season???

A home game against Bournemouth doesn't do it for me.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Tombo said:

If we set the players' hair on fire while they're on the pitch it'll look like candles in a birthday cake. Just a thought that came to me. 

I was hoping for something more of a celebration, not reenacting the wicker man.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If we set the players' hair on fire while they're on the pitch it'll look like candles in a birthday cake. Just a thought that came to me. 

Reckon that's why we sold Sammon? 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Apparently Anya and Johnson were approached three weeks ago about the idea.

19 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Brad's the only one with a wick.

Just to steer this thread into another direction:

20 years on, are we starting to create significant memories there, like all you old boys reminisce about the BBG?

For me, watching Baiano, Eranio et al bed in the new stadium with exciting football, the Southampton playoff semi-final, the paper cup goal, 5-0, the lights going out (Pride Dark), and Nathan Ellington playing upfront for us are all personal highlights.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Is that why Anya has had a hair cut?

Sith Happens
Just now, ketteringram said:

Doesn't the pitch get re-laid every year? 

We had that new fangled one last year i think thats why it took longer.

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

If we had -

Adam Bogdan, Steve Sidwell, Ben Watson, Jack Colback, Sam Clucas, Wes Brown, Gordon Strachan, John Hartson, Dave Kitson, Stuart McCall, Paul Scholes, Mark Pembridge, Ben Pringle, Nicky Butt, James Collins, Alexi Lalas, Wayne Rooney, Duncan Watmore, Nick Chadwick and Jon Arne Riise there would be no fire hazard.

Archived